Specific Viva show questions and new platinum status questions

Fabulous97

I have used the search feature however I cannot really find answers to my questions. So if anyone can help it would be most welcome.

We are off on the 28 October for a 10 day cruise on the Viva departing from "Athens" and returning to "Rome". We only booked two weeks ago and are excited to be on a new ship. Has anyone taken the train to the Greek port? good/bad/indifferent?

Does anyone know what days and times Beetlejuice and the Icons shows are on? I appreciate days may well change as this ship is doing a selection of itineries at the moment. Times would be useful to know to schedule dinner.

On our last cruise we qualified as platinum I have looked at the benefits we will receive. My specific question is about the two dinners we receive, are they for any restaurant? Can you book in advance? or on board? how do the restaurants know these are platinum ones? We have two Free at Sea meals and are buying another two.

Also if anyone has any tips, tricks or information on the Viva please feel free to pitch in!

The train to the port in Athens is ok, but the station is quite a distance from the port itself (nd the port is large so the ship could be a long way away). We have walked it when on a port of call and it was not bad but I wouldn’t want to do it with bags. 

I’m not sure how easy it is to get taxis from the station.

As for the platinum meal, yes it is any restaurant (the terms are basically the same as for the dining package). You let them know when you arrive at the restaurant that you are using this by giving them the voucher at you will receive in your room.

Yes you can book in advance, in the same way as usual. You aren’t limited in the number of meals you can reserve.

The only thing to watch for is that if you book any fixed price places (just the Tepoanyaki replacement on Viva I think) then they charge you when booking unless you have dining credits to cover it. You get round this by booking those places first so they re covered by your dining plan.

The link in my signature is a bit out of date, but the part covering this bit is still fairly accurate.