Rome port

FeelingCruisy

Free shuttle:

Civitavecchia (for Rome)...Free shuttle to Civitavecchia

Just wondering if that means Oceania provide free shuttles from Rome to Civitavecchia?  I doubt it but just checking.  On other cruises, there are buses that take passengers past the industry port to where the cruise ship docks and back.  We are boarding in Civitavecchia, do we do the check in after the bus ride to where the ship is docked or before we board the bus in Civitavecchia?  Thanks.  

7 hours ago, FeelingCruisy said:

Free shuttle:

Just wondering if that means Oceania provide free shuttles from Rome to Civitavecchia?

No

7 hours ago, FeelingCruisy said:

We are boarding in Civitavecchia, do we do the check in after the bus ride to where the ship is docked or before we board the bus in Civitavecchia?

I don't know the answer.  We're boarding next Friday too and plan on winging it, but I would be curious as to the answer. In the past when Rome was a port of call, you could take the shuttle from/to the ship to/from the port entrance or walk.  FWIW, we walked in both cases.

When we disembarked in Civitavecchia in June, the free shuttle went to the train station in town, not to Rome. The shuttle is ran by the port on their schedule. Oceania has nothing to do with it. It does run regularly and it stops at the terminal for other ships. It will be packed when it leaves the port. Very packed.

It’s free. It got us to the train station. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks.   I just don't want any surprises as I noticed last night the ship departs at 1pm from the book they sent us and our time to check in is 1130 I think.  First time on Oceania and first time on a cruise where it departs from port so early.   We are used to the 5 pm departures.

Edited by FeelingCruisy

25 minutes ago, FeelingCruisy said:

Thanks.   I just don't want any surprises as I noticed last night the ship departs at 1pm from the book they sent us and our time to check in is 1130 I think.  First time on Oceania and first time on a cruise where it departs from port so early.   We are used to the 5 pm departures.

Are you on the Sirena on Nov. 13? I think that is a misprint.  My book that I just received says the same thing.  However the port schedule shows 8pm.  I would go by the port schedule.   

I don’t plan on getting there until 1 pm.  Don’t want to wait around for my room to be ready. Also on the Oceania website it shows an 8 pm departure.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri

You're right. I just called Oceania to verify and they said 7pm departure.  1 pm is the general boarding.   What threw me off was we were assigned 1130 am check in, and since we are nobodies, we thought we would be the last batch to check in before the ship says bye bye.  Rome - Istanbul Oct 21.

3 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Can a regular local Civitavecchia taxi enter the port gate and proceed to the terminal ?

Yes.  In fact, just about any taxi can enter the port as can many private transfer services (such as Romeinlimo, Romecabs, etc).

Hank

• Thanks 1