Silver Spirit Athens to Dubai October 29-November 25, 2023

wren2

I am doing a back to back on the Spirit. As I had seen that Celebrity had cancelled Egyptian ports, I checked with Silversea to see if our two ports of call there are still as scheduled. As per Silversea today, there are no itinerary changes. Just in case any other passengers were wondering.

• Like 1

Thank you wren2.   

We are on the Athens to Athens trip on Moon on 10th December with supposed ports in Israel (2 days) and Egypt (1 day).    I think Israel is definitely out as this will take a whle to sort but I too was alarmed to hear a cruiselinehad cancelled Egypt because of a terrorist mattack.  What a lot of countries we cannot travel to.

I am a little worried SS will drag their feet in making a decision about December I suppose understandably but fear it will turn out to be like two trips we had ,booked on Viking when cruising started up following covid.  The first to Iceland we found we could not go because of travel restrictions, the second to the Adriatic Viking had changed the itinerary to miss Kotor because of travel restrictions, fine we thought,then they changed it back as US people could now go but UK people could not so they threw us off the cruise two weeks before we were due to travel.

Sadly the thing to take into account these days is that the cruise you choose will probably change before you go.  On the December cruise I think most people probably booked for these two ports in particular so there will be much sadness nd I guess some will cancel.  We too booked to return to Israel, but we have been to both countries before and will go anyway.  Greece and Turkey will be very pleasant. but I do feel for cruisers for whom it was a first visit.

However, none of this is anything compared to the people of Gaza and Israel

• Like 3