Holland America Credit Card points-PROBLEM

muse4U

I signed up for a Holland America credit card while on the ship in June because they showed us a 20,000 point promotion. The jewelry store told us if we called in to the credit card company we would be able to use the promotion right away. We didn't have a phone that worked so they called for me and talked to the agent. He asked for my information and relayed it to the Barclays agent. I got on the phone at the end of the call. He said, you're all set. We made our purchase and I expected to get 2x points for making a purchase over $500 on the ship and then see the 20,000 points on my statement. First statement they weren't there, second statement they weren't there. Now at the third statement I called and they said I didn't sign up with the 20,000 point offer. WHAT? That's the only reason I opened a new credit card in the middle of our cruise was to get the 20,000 bonus points. The offer is still on the Holland America website. I don't get it. Has this happened to anyone else? We're 4 star mariners, I can't believe this happened. 

Do you still have the paperwork or flyers from the promotion?

I don’t have a HAL card, but do have a Barclay airline-branded card. There have been a few mix ups over the years with promotions, but they have always made it right. (I was also told once I hadn’t enrolled in a promo offer, but I had all the screenshots, emails, etc., and knew better). Save the screenshot or take a photo of the website offer. Gather any sign up documents or offers you had on board and speak to a supervisor at Barclay. Hopefully there won’t need to be HAL intervention but they may have a contact, as well.

Good luck!

Edited by syesmar