Iona Newbies

Holidayfun141

Our Favourite P and O Ship is Britannia, but friends are asking us to join them on Iona

next March.

One  of us needs to eat early in the evening will this be a problem as Iona is all Freedom Dining ?
We tend to eat at 6.30 on P and O .

Due to Allergies when dining on Britannia or Ventura we are given the following nights menu to give our choices.

Does Iona have a way of doing this please.

A few weeks ago the early eaters in our family joined the queue at 5.15 and were called at 6, which suited them. If you want to eat at 6.30 I suggest you join the virtual queue at about 5.30/45 and see if that works for you.  It might be a bit hit and miss the first few nights, as it will depend in how many passengers want to eat early

2 hours ago, Holidayfun141 said:

Due to Allergies when dining on Britannia or Ventura we are given the following nights menu to give our choices.

My wife makes use of that service and it works the same way on the ships that have only Freedom dining.

Although you can use any restaurant and they should know from the cabin number that you should get the next day's menu, we found it easier to pick a restaurant and stick with it as my wife then got to know the senior waiter tasked with the duty to take the order to get a better result - for example specifying how she wanted things cooked, additional sides, substitutions, etc.

The only issue came at lunch when it always seemed to come as a surprise to the waiter that my wife had pre-ordered - why oh why oh why don't P&O get an integrated system so that when we are checked in by the host that it doesn't flag that up on the table booking so the waiters are pre-prepared.

Also next March marks our first trip on Iona and a few other questions. 

Which restaurants have waiter service?

Cost of Epicurian (I know it can vary)

When Headliners are performing in the theatre; how many performances do they do each day?

Website talks of premium brands in clothing in shops. Which brands are seen?

Thanks

Headliners perform 3 times 6.45pm 8.30pm andc10.30pm 

All 4 mdrs have waiter service all other which you pay for have waiters as far as I know .

Don't know cost of epicurean never been in 

Premium brands not sure Joules clothing  , Radley bags , can't remember any others 

10 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Headliners perform 3 times 6.45pm 8.30pm andc10.30pm 

All 4 mdrs have waiter service all other which you pay for have waiters as far as I know .

Don't know cost of epicurean never been in 

Premium brands not sure Joules clothing  , Radley bags , can't remember any others 

As well as Epicurean - waiter service also available at

Sindhu

Olive Grove

Beach House

Keel and Cow

Glasshouse

Limelight Club

(I may have missed some)

Epicurean 24 pounds each ish surcharge less 10 per cent I think if you book in advance?