WiFi packages

cruisefanatic16

Currently there are four internet options, although I recently saw this on a Costa website data packages of 250 MB to 3 GB were no longer for sale on my last cruise, on. Packages can‘t be bought for single days, but allow unlimited traffic. Smallest package is for use of WhatsApp only. Then they have a social media package for a number of platforms. And a full package with unlimited use of internet. The latter was last month 14 € per day for club members (regardless of status, also for members on their first Costa cruise). Package allows using more than one device, but only one device can log into the system at a time. Who needs very little internet connection can use a pay as you go option paid by minute. When connected the very first time on a cruise a fee of 3 € has to be paid.

If you just want the internet for emails and the like, then most ports have free internet when you leave the ship. There are obviously some exceptions, i have just come off Fortuna from Barcelona that included Istanbul. Of all the ports visited only Savona, Santorini and one other did not have free internet. In those cases places like McDonalds are your friend. 

• Thanks 1