Short tour/transfer needed between port and airport October 23.

KBrote

We will be disembarking Oceania's Sirena on Friday, Nov. 3, around 8:30 - 9:00am. We are taking a flight to Santorini to spend the last 4 days of our trip before heading home. We need a transfer and possibly a tour the during the morning of disembarkation. Our flight to Santorini is at 1:30pm. We will have had 5 nights in Athens so we will have seen most of the main sites and will have had walking tours and tours of the acropolis so we don't need to see more of Athens. We are hoping to arrange a transfer to the airport that will give a us tour during the 3 hours we have between leaving the ship and arriving at the airport at around 12:00pm. A friend who used to live in Athens suggested a scenic drive south to Souniou and around the southern end of the peninsula and then up to the airport. We could stop for an early lunch somewhere scenic or just see a part of Greece other than Athens. Could anyone suggest a company that might be able to provide this service? In addition and other suggestions for spending our 3 hours between the ship and airport? Thank you!

• Like 1

Thank you so much. I had contacted this company months ago on another topic. I couldn't remember the name so I appreciate you jogging my memory. We will be able to watch the sunset from our hotel on the caldera of Santorini! What would you suggest on that drive to Sounio? Any places we should not miss? I appreciate your input very much!

You will be driving along the beaches. Lake Vougliameni is along the way and it is worth a couple of pictures. Don't overpack the trip. Enjoy the drive and save time for an early lunch before arriving at the airport.

Edited by marazul

I contacted George's Taxi and got a response this morning. They will take us from the port to the airport down along the coast to the Cape and then to the airport. We have about 3 1/2 hours. They are asking 250 Euros for this service for 4 people. What do you think of that price? What would it cost for a regular taxi to take us directly from the port to the airport? Our flight doesn't leave until 1:30pm. Thank you. 

2 hours ago, KBrote said:

I contacted George's Taxi and got a response this morning. They will take us from the port to the airport down along the coast to the Cape and then to the airport. We have about 3 1/2 hours. They are asking 250 Euros for this service for 4 people. What do you think of that price? What would it cost for a regular taxi to take us directly from the port to the airport? Our flight doesn't leave until 1:30pm. Thank you. 

A taxi would be 55-60 euros for a 45 minute ride to the airport. 

George's price of 250 euros for 3 1/2 hours is more than fair and it would make for a lovely tour.  This is the perfect setup to see Sounio.  You will not regret it.