Boutique Hotel in San Juan

ISLANDFAN

The Suze and I are booked on the February 3rd sailing of The Crown Princess. Although I have sailed from San Juan on a few occasions, I have only enjoyed a pre-cruise stay at the Caribe Hilton. The Caribe Hilton was very nice, however we are now looking for a medium priced, small, boutique hotel in Old San Juan.

Any suggestions!

Islandfan

For our Feb sailing on the Golden we stayed at Hotel Normandie...It was lovely...totally renovated in Art Deco....rooms were suites...pool overlooking ocean....great restaurant, lounges...easy access to pier and the staff was extremely helpful.

The hotel is based on the ship "The Normandie' so it starts your cruise vacation off on a great note.

Very reasonably priced.

I have found that the attached site is one of the most helpful around for getting the low down on hotels. You can put in the city and dates you need and a list of hotels comes up or you can search by the name of the hotel if you already know it. It includes reviews from those who stayed at the hotels.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/

A few years ago we traveled a day earlier & stayed in Old San Juan at a small hotel named Hotel Milano. It was w/i walking distance to the port (we sailed Celebrity Millenium) The cost was relatively inexpensive ($80?) and we were able to visit all the local areas including the Fort. There was a small restaurant on the top floor. It was adequate for what we needed & certainly very convenient for location.

Archived