Tender schedule for overnight port of call?

gospelle

Dec 12 Quantum of the Seas does an overnight port of call to Vila, Vanuatu, arriving 7am on Dec 15 departing 7pm on Dec 16.

For those who have had experience with any port of call serviced by a tender that overnighted (ideally in Vila, Vanuatu) I'd love to know how they do the tenders at night. Are they 24hrs and if not, what was the schedule like? 

The overnight tendered ports, and non-tendered, usually have operations going until at least midnight.  I seem to remember it was not available during the wee hours, but started up again 6-7 am.

It may be different now.

P.S. Loved Vanuatu.

P.S.S See if you can get over to Mystery Island; it's a tiny jewel.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 3:31 AM, gospelle said:

Dec 12 Quantum of the Seas does an overnight port of call to Vila, Vanuatu, arriving 7am on Dec 15 departing 7pm on Dec 16.

For those who have had experience with any port of call serviced by a tender that overnighted (ideally in Vila, Vanuatu) I'd love to know how they do the tenders at night. Are they 24hrs and if not, what was the schedule like? 

I had an overnight on Ovation in Port Vila last November. The last tender from shore left at midnight and started up again at 0630.

19 hours ago, ScottishRobbie said:

I had an overnight on Ovation in Port Vila last November. The last tender from shore left at midnight and started up again at 0630.

6 hours ago, wdwkings said:

Can confirm that the Quantum did not offer 24 hr/overnight tender operations on our overnight in Lahaina this spring.  Service stopped at Midnight and started back up at 6 am.     

Thanks to both above. Exactly what I was looking for!

On 10/19/2023 at 11:47 AM, pcur said:

The overnight tendered ports, and non-tendered, usually have operations going until at least midnight.  I seem to remember it was not available during the wee hours, but started up again 6-7 am.

It may be different now.

P.S. Loved Vanuatu.

P.S.S See if you can get over to Mystery Island; it's a tiny jewel.

Thanks, We will be visiting Mystery Island and Noumea in addition to Port Vila on this sailing.  Happy to get port advice from any who've been. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gospelle said:

Thanks, We will be visiting Mystery Island and Noumea in addition to Port Vila on this sailing.  Happy to get port advice from any who've been. 

Hopefully you will be on Mystery Island at high tide.  Walk to the other side (it takes about 2 minutes....literally), and sit on the beach.  The waves crashing over the coral reef edging the lagoon are hypnotizing.

Edited by pcur