Time for scheduling dining reservations

Tsunami74

Sometimes there are cancellations.  So if you drop by a resto a little before when you wish to dine, they may be able to accommodate you. I only share this with select people like Cruise Critic members, so don't spread this information around to the riff raff.

Edited by DavidTheWonderer
  • Haha 1

I JUST POSTED THIS ON ANOTHER THREAD, SO COPIED IT HERE.  Once you book your dining reservations - keep your printout showing the times you reserved.  On our last Regent cruise - upon boarding, we found they changed 3 of our 4 non-sharing reservations to sharing.  I don't know why they did this.  When I asked, the young woman who was working the dining reservation desk, she couldn't believe I didn't want to share.  Honestly, I felt a little ashamed.  We lost those three reservations in order to re-book a non-sharing table.  About 5 days later I found our original printout showing non-sharing for all 4 reservations.  I didn't bother to pursue, not that huge of a deal, but I have learned a lesson.

On 10/20/2023 at 10:57 AM, jjs217 said:

I JUST POSTED THIS ON ANOTHER THREAD, SO COPIED IT HERE.  Once you book your dining reservations - keep your printout showing the times you reserved.  On our last Regent cruise - upon boarding, we found they changed 3 of our 4 non-sharing reservations to sharing.  I don't know why they did this.  When I asked, the young woman who was working the dining reservation desk, she couldn't believe I didn't want to share.  Honestly, I felt a little ashamed.  We lost those three reservations in order to re-book a non-sharing table.  About 5 days later I found our original printout showing non-sharing for all 4 reservations.  I didn't bother to pursue, not that huge of a deal, but I have learned a lesson.

We had that happen on our current cruise.  We had booked a non-sharing table in Prime 7 on embarkation night and when we got there is was a sharing table.  It turned out great though, we were paired with a very nice couple and as we started talking we realized that we had been conversing on the roll call before the cruise.  It was a very enjoyable experience.

We have never had the forced table sharing change.  I will usually only share a table, when we have met the folks already at the bar, pool, tour, trivia, etc.  The last time,  we had a weak moment and agreed to share with three couples.  The one couple was very nice, but the good doctor was full of himself, so it was long dinner.