Looking for advice for Ferrol and other ports in Spain

kbcruiser10

We will be on Azamara Onward for the Spain Intensive cruise in September 2024.  It pulls into Ferrol and I don't know whether to book an excursion or stay to look around Ferrol.  Any advice?  I have been to some ports where there is really nothing to see unless you do an excursion, and others where you really should stay and see the port (if you've never been there before).  Any advice?

4 hours ago, kbcruiser10 said:

It pulls into Ferrol and I don't know whether to book an excursion or stay to look around Ferrol

A new name for me, but if I were docking (or tendering)  there I would do the following.

Firstly even should you not want to book one, look at the shorex offered from this port as they will be a good indicator of highlights of the town and area.  Thereafter Google will be your new best friend with multiple sites probably to be found if you search something like "Ferrol Tourist Information", and do  include  the official Ferrol Tourist Information website in the results you choose to read, but there will also be Tripadvisor and the many others which will have appeared in your initial results.  And also try googling something like "side trips from Ferrol" as something of interest to you might pop up there too.  And do join your Roll Call as this is where fellow pax on your sailing will exchange ideas and perhaps arrange private tours which you could join.

When I searched for Ferrol previous threads and posts here on the Spain Ports Forum, yours was the only result so perhaps it is a port which is only recently being used.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1