Cocoa Beach Club - chair availability

John Reid

4 hours ago, Kiki and The Noush said:

We were at the beach club a couple of weeks ago.  There were plenty of chairs, umbrellas, etc.  I was on Oasis and Indy docked before us.  There were tons of empty chairs, but it is annoying that the ship that paid less gets onto the island first and all the prime spots are taken.

You're kidding right?  Well, next time...go cheaper and you'll get the better spots.  Geebus.

• Like 2

Just now, shellunderwater said:

You're kidding right?  Well, next time...go cheaper and you'll get the better spots.  Geebus.

No, not kidding at all.  Smaller ship has cheaper prices, docks first and gets the prime spots.  I said it was annoying.  I didn't know I had to ask your permission to be entitled to an opinion.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kiki and The Noush said:

No, not kidding at all.  Smaller ship has cheaper prices, docks first and gets the prime spots.  

I get that it’s your opinion, so here’s my take:

I had never considered how much others are paying—never crossed my mind. I pay for it if I feel the price is right for us. 

I love the Beach Club, and am looking forward to going  in November to enjoy it again. I won’t be comparing ship size, who paid what, and who got there first. First come, first served. 

teddie

Edited by teddie
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, teddie said:

I get that it’s your opinion, so here’s my take:

I had never considered how much others are paying—never crossed my mind. I pay for it if I feel the price is right for us. 

I love the Beach Club, and am looking forward to going  in November to enjoy it again. I won’t be comparing ship size, who paid what, and who got there first. First come, first served. 

teddie

The beach club is absolutely beautiful.  I think part of my take on it is a bit of disappointment.  Those beach beds would be fabulous to try out, or the in water loungers - if you are the 2nd ship to dock, and please correct me if  I'm wrong - it seems that the larger ship is always the 2nd one in, those spots are taken.  If you always show up on the bigger ship, and if the smaller ship is always docked first, you will never get a chance at those things. 

15 minutes ago, Kiki and The Noush said:

The beach club is absolutely beautiful.  I think part of my take on it is a bit of disappointment.  Those beach beds would be fabulous to try out, or the in water loungers - if you are the 2nd ship to dock, and please correct me if  I'm wrong - it seems that the larger ship is always the 2nd one in, those spots are taken.  If you always show up on the bigger ship, and if the smaller ship is always docked first, you will never get a chance at those things. 

I found that throughout the day, people may move around a bit.  So if that’s the case on your cruise, maybe you will get a chance to try out some of those other things. We camped out on the beach, so we could get both sun and shade.  Either way, it was a tranquil and beautiful day. 

teddie 

• Like 1

Was there a few day ago.  Harmony and Freedom were both there.  no issues with finding open loungers, chairs, or even the big sofa's.  If you have never been, remember there is a little flag on the beach lounger you can put "up" so the attendant can come and get you drinks.  Yes, you can use your diamond drinks on coco cay.  Had someone next to us complaining that they weren't getting service.  They didn't know that they had to put the flag up to get service...

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 9:17 AM, Kiki and The Noush said:

We were at the beach club a couple of weeks ago.  There were plenty of chairs, umbrellas, etc.  I was on Oasis and Indy docked before us.  There were tons of empty chairs, but it is annoying that the ship that paid less gets onto the island first and all the prime spots are taken.

What does the price one pays for their cruise have to do with accessibility to chairs on an excursion? I hate to break it to you but I'm sure a lot of folks on YOUR ship also paid less than you.

1 minute ago, Denversail said:

What does the price one pays for their cruise have to do with accessibility to chairs on an excursion? I hate to break it to you but I'm sure a lot of folks on YOUR ship also paid less than you.

I wasn't talking about the price of the cruise.  From doing some research, the beach club is often less expensive on the smaller/older ship.  And it appears that the smaller/older ship always docks first.  If that isn't correct, please enlighten me.  All I was saying is that it kind of sucks that if you arrive on the larger/more expensive ship, the strong likelihood is that you have paid more for the beach club and you will not be getting any of the prime locations in the beach club.  BTW.. I check prices daily and if there is a sale, I reprice.  I got the lowest possible price for the beach club that was offered on my sailing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Denversail said:

I would like to think if an excursion cost ME more, I would get preferential debarkation.  I am annoyed when the smaller ship in port gets to debark an hour or 2 sooner when both ships are there.  Nothing was noted about the cruise price it was a notation on the cost of the same excursion presented to different ships.  

3 minutes ago, Kiki and The Noush said:

I wasn't talking about the price of the cruise.  From doing some research, the beach club is often less expensive on the smaller/older ship.  And it appears that the smaller/older ship always docks first.  If that isn't correct, please enlighten me.  All I was saying is that it kind of sucks that if you arrive on the larger/more expensive ship, the strong likelihood is that you have paid more for the beach club and you will not be getting any of the prime locations in the beach club.  BTW.. I check prices daily and if there is a sale, I reprice.  I got the lowest possible price for the beach club that was offered on my sailing.

I thought you were talking about the cruise. Honestly, I did the beach club once and the reason I did it was so I could get off the ship when I wanted and not rush down to get a seat. I agree with others that I noticed the "Premium" spots were only occupied for short lengths and frequently became available again.  

• Like 1

Just now, Denversail said:

I thought you were talking about the cruise. Honestly, I did the beach club once and the reason I did it was so I could get off the ship when I wanted and not rush down to get a seat. I agree with others that I noticed the "Premium" spots were only occupied for short lengths and frequently became available again.  

We hung out at the beach club for about 3 hours.  The prime spots were never unoccupied. TBH I was more bothered by the lady continuously vaping on her in-water lounger.  I'm not sure why staff turned a blind eye and yes, I know I could have complained - I didn't.  I noted it on my post cruise survey that staff needs to be the 'bad guy', not me.

We were just there this past Friday.  There were many open chairs.  On another note, I was kind of glad to see that with the exorbitant prices being charged for beach club cabanas - they all seemed to be completely empty all morning - not a sole to be seen but the occasional life guards watching nobody.  Maybe eventually, they will come down to earth with those prices if they continue to stay empty.

Then again, we were on Mariner and it was the only ship docked, so maybe on a busier day, someone would have used them.  They were certainly not cheaper in the planner running up to the cruise.