May be an odd salon question, polish removal

kctwinmommy

I've tried searching, but didn't find anything. I typically wear Color Street nail polish because they last quite awhile. I can usually get almost 3 weeks with a good set. Our cruise is longer than that, so I wanted to change it out halfway through. I just didn't want to bring nail polish remover because it does take some work to get these sets off my nails. I was wondering if the would do a polish removal at the salon? I'd rather not pay for a full manicure, but I know I'd have to pay for the removal, which is fine. Has anyone done this? Had them just remove polish you were wearing? TIA!

55 minutes ago, Meander Ingwa said:

Have you ever used polish remover pads?.  They do come in foil packets and are handy for travel

I have, but I just didn't want to have to bring those. It would take quite a few to remove the polish. When I remove it myself, it takes some time. I'd end up bringing 10-15 pads just to make sure. But thank you!

3 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

They consider gel polish removal a separate service and charge $20 for it.  Although I have never had only polish removal, I’m sure they would be happy to do it for a price.  

I did see that, and figured that might be what they end up charging me. I'd be fine with that. I just figured I'd ask in case someone had actually had them remove polish. Thanks!

4 hours ago, kctwinmommy said:

I've tried searching, but didn't find anything. I typically wear Color Street nail polish because they last quite awhile. I can usually get almost 3 weeks with a good set. Our cruise is longer than that, so I wanted to change it out halfway through. I just didn't want to bring nail polish remover because it does take some work to get these sets off my nails. I was wondering if the would do a polish removal at the salon? I'd rather not pay for a full manicure, but I know I'd have to pay for the removal, which is fine. Has anyone done this? Had them just remove polish you were wearing? TIA!

I don't know what Color Street is, but I usually have my nails done the day after embarkation.  Sometimes I just have normal nail polish, other times gel.  Usually I remove it myself with the foils Meander Ingwa mentioned above while sitting on the balcony enjoying the view 😎  The salon has always offered to do this for me, so I know they do provide the service, but I don't know the cost.  $20 sounds reasonable to me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, millybess said:

I don't know what Color Street is, but I usually have my nails done the day after embarkation.  Sometimes I just have normal nail polish, other times gel.  Usually I remove it myself with the foils Meander Ingwa mentioned above while sitting on the balcony enjoying the view 😎  The salon has always offered to do this for me, so I know they do provide the service, but I don't know the cost.  $20 sounds reasonable to me.

Thanks! Sounds like it won't be a problem. I'd rather do that than bring the pads she mentioned.

And Color Street are nail polish strips that you apply. They come in all sorts of fun colors and styles, so way more than just regular polish. When I don't use them, I just do my own nails in general. But the Color Street strips last longer and have way more cool colors. 😃