Most nights on board.

Wonky

Having been surprised last month at the world club party at someone having been on board 2732 nights, I was further staggered this cruise by a couple having 3011 nights on board including 22 world cruises!

Thought it might be fun to add most nights at club world parties as we attend them.

2 minutes ago, Wonky said:

Having been surprised last month at the world club party at someone having been on board 2732 nights, I was further staggered this cruise by a couple having 3011 nights on board including 22 world cruises!

Thought it might be fun to add most nights at club world parties as we attend them.

It’s also fun to see how far people go back. A WC party I attended had someone with thousands of nights who had started on the first Caronia.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, exlondoner said:

It’s also fun to see how far people go back. A WC party I attended had someone with thousands of nights who had started on the first Caronia.

The first Caronia (1904-1931, and James Bisset’s first Cunard ship)?! Now, that’s something!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, exlondoner said:

There were three. Vistafjord was briefly called Caronia.

RMS Caronia (1904-1931). The last major Cunard liner equipped with reciprocating steam engines (unlike her turbine-powered sister, Carmania, famous for sinking, as an auxiliary merchant cruiser, SMS Cap Trafalgar in an epic battle in 1914).

RMS Caronia (1947-1967 [with Cunard], broken up 1974). The first Cunarder to sport the green cruise ship livery.

MS Caronia (ex-Vistafjord, 1973-2017; with Cunard 1983-2004 [as Caronia since 1999]). 
Below are photos of each. (No doubt in my mind which one is the best-looking, even in black-and-white.)

IMG_0013.jpeg

IMG_0014.jpeg

IMG_0015.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, seasickphil said:

Got off Queen Elizabeth this morning and the person with the most number of nights had done over 3,000 but I can’t remember exactly how many it was.

That’s the one I was on, it was 3011 and as they are still on board, still rising!!