Post Cruise Hotel out of LAX

april_4_us

I am looking for a Hotel near the airport that has restaurants within walking distance, post cruise out of long beach. Flight leaves at 540 am. I wont have use of a shuttle most are not open that early in the am.  I prefer a mid level hotel that is clean and not run down. 

10 minutes ago, april_4_us said:

I am looking for a Hotel near the airport that has restaurants within walking distance, post cruise out of long beach. Flight leaves at 540 am. I wont have use of a shuttle most are not open that early in the am.  I prefer a mid level hotel that is clean and not run down. 

We're in a somewhat similar situation for our next trip into LAX this coming Feb, though our problem is that we are arriving very late into LAX rather than flying out very early as you are. Still, we chose to stay at one of the close airport hotels on Century Blvd. rather than try to get all the way down to San Pedro that time of night. We selected the Hyatt Regency, both because it was, surprisingly, one of the cheapest options for an airport hotel and because it is physically the closest hotel to the airport proper, and also has a 24/7 shuttle. As to your requirement for restaurants, that may be a problem as Century Blvd is a wasteland for that sort of thing, you may need an Uber from any local hotel to a selection restaurants.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, april_4_us said:

Thank you for your response, in my research I am finding anything close to the airport has not much for food unless it is at the hotel. I appreciate your feedback. 

No problem. It happens that we just flew home out of LAX last week, and our taxi drove down Century Blvd right past our upcoming hotel, the Hyatt. Century Blvd is heavily built up but there's not much in the way of restaurants. I don't even remember seeing any fast food emporiums let alone decent restaurants.

• Like 1

You might also want to search El Segundo...this is the area immediately south of LAX.  Many of the hotels there also have airport shuttles...and there are several places to eat (alas, mostly fast food) near the hotels along Sepulveda Blvd.  You may find something in that area more to your liking...and you'd still be mere minutes from the LAX terminals.

• Like 1

The LAX area is a dreary area. There are not a lot of restaurants on Century other than hotel restaurants.

The area Steve is talking about has the Hilton Garden Inn, Fairfield Inn, Aloft, etc. A lot of the dining is fast foodish, but good places like In-n-Out, The Habit, etc. There is also a Ralph's Supermarket (Kroger) with a nice deli area.

The other area is Manhattan Beach on Rosecrans. There is a Hyatt House, TownePlace Suites, SpringHill Suites and westdrift, an Autograph Collection hotel. The restaurants close to them are more upscale like Il Fornaio, Paul Martin's American Grill, Fleming's Steakhouse, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

We once stayed at the Doubletree hotel in El Segundo.  At that time it offered the best rate for park and fly, shuttle for lax-- a ride much shorter than I expected.  We had a very nice dinner at the hotel, much better than I would have expected--- not particularly cheap,  but not as expensive as I would have thought.  You should check that out.