Booking Excursions Onboard for Future Cruise

crzrr

Has anyone purchased excursions for an upcoming cruise while onboard and been able to get the discount that they offer and use OBC?  We've done this in the past.  Unsure if they are still doing it post-conversion.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, as long as it is not an immediate back to back cruise.

In July I purchased the majority of our January Azamara World Cruise excursions.  Once I arrived home, I called Azamara to pay for the excursions.  I had to pay the original cost of all the excursions (which I paid with OBC and personal credit card).  Once on the WC in January....I will be refunded 10%.

I hope that helps answer your question and I hope it works out for you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Travelingwithstyle said:

Yes, as long as it is not an immediate back to back cruise.

In July I purchased the majority of our January Azamara World Cruise excursions.  Once I arrived home, I called Azamara to pay for the excursions.  I had to pay the original cost of all the excursions (which I paid with OBC and personal credit card).  Once on the WC in January....I will be refunded 10%.

I hope that helps answer your question and I hope it works out for you. 

I would be in a similar situation though it’s on a single voyage most if not all would be credit card not obc. Are you saying the refund is as obc?  That’s not so good the price used to be reduced and you paid a lower amount 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, uktog said:

I would be in a similar situation though it’s on a single voyage most if not all would be credit card not obc. Are you saying the refund is as obc?  That’s not so good the price used to be reduced and you paid a lower amount 

I can't comment and be sure if the refund would be OBC or your original payment.  Obviously inquire with them once on board.  It might be different because your purchases would be for only a single voyage.  Mine was very complex because of the number of excursions we booked.  

You are so right.  I was hoping they take the 10% off the total and then I would pay instead of months later getting a refund.  Again, mine was very complex and I was working with the excursion manager for weeks while I was onboard to book these excursions.  Not all had been loaded to the system etc.  I was truly grateful of his efforts. 

I guess my reply was to give a little hope that as of July they were offering 10% off future excursion bookings.   They even left an advertising flyer in the cabin.  There were a few that are excempt from the discount...overnight excursions,  grand prix....

Hope it works out.  

• Like 2

Yes, we've done it in the past and have received the discounted price when making payment onboard - a mix of OBC and CC.  Happy to hear that they are still doing it and hope that it's not a wait for your 10% at a later date.

• Like 3

Our experience:

It's not as easy as it used to be.

Yes they give you 10% discount if you book excursions for a future cruise (not the current one you are in while booking), but you have to pay full price, they give you a printed letter stating that you are entitled to get money back, and they refund you when you board the cruise with the excursions in them.  

Yes you may be able to use future OBC (I have never asked to use current OBC), but sometimes their system doesn't work and you have to pay for the excursions by calling customer service (days after booking them, not while you are onboard) and ask them to use the OBC.

When we board the future cruise, we show them a picture of the letter stating that we are entitled to 10%, and they issue credit in our onboard account.  This credit is refundable, so if we don't use it, we get it in cash at the end of the cruise.

Yes, the printed letter to show as proof of the 10% discount is quite silly.

• Thanks 2