Has anyone had luck with Price Drops and receiving anything back?

amurray88

Hello! I know it's a long shot but just wanted to check - my cruise has come down in price and wondered if anyone has had any luck lately in getting anything back (OBC, refund, upgrade etc) due to this?

I know it's a very small chance but want to check.

Thank you!

57 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Hello! I know it's a long shot but just wanted to check - my cruise has come down in price and wondered if anyone has had any luck lately in getting anything back (OBC, refund, upgrade etc) due to this?

Thank you!

Dream on! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, amurray88 said:

Thank you!

It is unusual to get anything back from P&O, but it does happen, sometimes a cabin upgrade sometimes OBC, I think it probably depends on who you get on the phone and what level of authorisation they have to do these things. Some people who have booked on Aurora and Arcadia in 2024/2025 have had significant amount of money back, there is a thread from recently regarding this, plus we spoke to several people on our recent Aurora cruise who had money back. I would give them a call.

32 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It is unusual to get anything back from P&O, but it does happen, sometimes a cabin upgrade sometimes OBC, I think it probably depends on who you get on the phone and what level of authorisation they have to do these things. Some people who have booked on Aurora and Arcadia in 2024/2025 have had significant amount of money back, there is a thread from recently regarding this, plus we spoke to several people on our recent Aurora cruise who had money back. I would give them a call.

Thank you! I didn't book directly with P&O but I have had alot of communication with them trying to sort things out so will try and use this to my advantage. Thanks!

• Like 1

The sooner we goto the new initiative Princess have introduced the better. The best time to book should be at release date and they won't drop prices last minute to fill cabins. Price promise for those booking early, that any drop in future will give them the refund. This used to be the way with P&O, get in early and feel satisfied you won't be penalised. Some of these last minute drops are just ridiculous and it can't be making them much money. Under £50 a night?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sweep2907 said:

The sooner we goto the new initiative Princess have introduced the better. The best time to book should be at release date and they won't drop prices last minute to fill cabins. Price promise for those booking early, that any drop in future will give them the refund. This used to be the way with P&O, get in early and feel satisfied you won't be penalised. Some of these last minute drops are just ridiculous and it can't be making them much money. Under £50 a night?

Great when they fall in your favour I guess

• Like 2

13 hours ago, amurray88 said:

Thank you!

If you booked some time ago then P&O will simply cite fluid pricing. Some people cancel and re-book if the saving is greater than the lost deposit. I have managed to get £2,000 back in the last week for a cruise that dropped by that amount less than 24 hours after I booked, but the circumstances were a bit different to a normal price change. None the less, I am very grateful to P&O, as I had agreed to book at the price quoted the previous day and as it was a late saver it was non-refundable and non-amendable. They could probably have said “tough” but, to their credit, they didn’t. 

20 hours ago, sweep2907 said:

Some of these last minute drops are just ridiculous and it can't be making them much money. Under £50 a night?

No but there is the onboard spend that will make them money.

Once all costs have been covered, and I believe that is around 75% capacity depending on ship, then everything else is a bonus.