Norwegian Jewel Fitness/Gym Rowing Machines

tracy80

My wife is an avid rower and I’ve asked the same question in the past re various ships. It’s been some years since we were on the Jewel, and there was at least one erg then. But I hope you’ll hear from a more recent cruiser on that ship. 

One thing that has been universally true is that the ergs are badly maintained. The chains aren’t oiled, for example, and thus may be in awful condition. The slide is not regularly wiped down and thus may not be smooth.

The monitor may not work because the battery is dead, and the staff who work in the fitness center haven’t got a clue because they don’t check the equipment. They also don’t know how to change the battery, a really simple matter. When my wife has pointed out a dead battery to a staff member, she’s been told they have to call maintenance. Fine, but days elapse with nothing done. If I recall correctly, she once just brought a battery up there and changed it herself. 

I hope your son finds the equipment in decent condition. 

• Like 1