How to arrange for a space for group gaming?

FredZiffle

I struggled with coming up with a title for this post.  I'm trying to find out the email address for whoever on the Bliss would be responsible for giving a group of 12-16 people a location to play bridge on sea days.  Too often, left to their own devices, the ships either ignore this completely, schedule it in an already filled library or game room, or schedule it over lunch hour.  The times it's been done right, they put an announcement every sea day in the Freestyle Daily and schedule it for an unused restaurant.  I just need the correct email to contact them.

On transatlantic cruises (with many sea days), NCL provides a bridge instructor and director (usually a married couple).  On sea days, they offer a beginner lesson, an intermediate lesson and a two-hour duplicate game.  These events tend to draw about 50 players in my experience and are held in an unused restaurant.  No charge.  There is always a gap between events for lunch hour.

Edited by FLAHAM

@FredZiffle

Try both of the following

SpecialeventsBliss@ncl.com.  and  groupeventBliss@NCL

Include the Sail Date in the subject line of your email.    Be clear about what you want, for how long, how many and what days.

One or other of those should be able to help,   Ask that, if they can't they pass on to someone who can.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

@FLAHAM

On transatlantic cruises (with many sea days), NCL provides a bridge instructor and director (usually a married couple). 

Has this been reintroduced?   It was missing the last couple of long cruises we have been on.

I haven't seen duplicate bridge on NCL in a long time.  We're lucky if it's even mentioned in the Daily as an informal gathering.  The last cruise listed in the Freestyle Daily with a start time of 12 noon on sea days and located it in the internet cafe where space was at a premium and always filled.  They had no cards and, needless to say, no games materialized.