Anytime Dining

jonkel3

8 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

You truly do not have to make reservations.  In fact, there have been reports that people who made them were told onboard that they would not be honored…that it is truly first come first serve.  I so wish Celebrity would clear this up on their website because not only does it cause distress for the customers…but it puts the shipboard staff in an untenable position.

Is this specific to Edge class ships (not sure who your comment is directed at)?  On the Eclipse, reservations were absolutely helpful.  There was often a wait for those without a reservation.  

For our future cruise on the Ascent, I'm debating whether we should make any reservations in advance or just show up when we are hungry.  

6 hours ago, helen haywood said:

You truly do not have to make reservations.  In fact, there have been reports that people who made them were told onboard that they would not be honored…that it is truly first come first serve.  I so wish Celebrity would clear this up on their website because not only does it cause distress for the customers…but it puts the shipboard staff in an untenable position.

Thanks! I thought I had it right for the Edge class ships, which is why we're trying Celebrity a second time. We didn't like the dining set up at all on the Infinity back in 2017 on our first X cruise. We usually cruise Disney, NCL or Princess (but have to replace Princess due to their awful app).

On 10/26/2023 at 5:33 AM, jonkel3 said:

We are an elderly couple who have just booked our 1st cruise with Celebrity cruises on Celebrity Constellation. As the two main dinner sittings were booked out we have been given "Anytime Dining". Does this mean that we will not have access to either of the main dining rooms(except for breakfast) for the duration of the cruise and must all our dinner meals be in the buffet(except of course for the speciality restaurants which we have to pay extra for)? Any help in this matter would be much appreciated. 

We are both over 75 and Any Time/Select Dining is our dining style of choice.

If you intend going to the shows in the main theatre I would suggest you prebook a dinner time (avoids waiting or getting a bleeper in busy periods) to match  the show times. You have 2 basic choices;

Eat before the theatre you want an earlyish time - we have 6.15 or 6.30.

Eat after the show and you are looking at 8.15 to 8.30,

Each night you “check in” by giving your room number and at that point we say “sharing please ideally a table for 6”. This is of course your choice but we don’t cruise to eat as a couple (we do that every night at home) and we find the bigger tables hard to cope with. Relax and enjoy.

On 10/27/2023 at 3:10 PM, helen haywood said:

What ships?  All Edge Class are all Anytime Dining but the website doesn’t reflect that…

This is not correct.  We have "Celebrity Select Dining Early 6:00 pm" booked for our cruise next month on the Apex.  After reading your comment, I called Celebrity and asked if it's true that only anytime dining is offered. I was told absolutely not, that all ships including Edge class offer early and late dining in addition to anytime. I can't believe that Celebrity would assign guests to an early or late dinner, then have them board and say "just kidding!".  Glad I called and got the correct answer.  

22 hours ago, sunshinegirl89 said:

This is not correct.  We have "Celebrity Select Dining Early 6:00 pm" booked for our cruise next month on the Apex.  After reading your comment, I called Celebrity and asked if it's true that only anytime dining is offered. I was told absolutely not, that all ships including Edge class offer early and late dining in addition to anytime. I can't believe that Celebrity would assign guests to an early or late dinner, then have them board and say "just kidding!".  Glad I called and got the correct answer.  

I have the same "Celebrity Select Dining Early 6:00 PM" on the Apex for a January cruise.  Since the have 4 MDRs, I do not know if I will be assigned to a specific table in one of the 4 or if the table/MDR is different each night based on which MDR I feel like.  Were you told how it works or can you post after your cruise?  Thanks in advance.  (FYI, when I booked the cruise, it was called traditional dining then the name was changed to Select-6:00 afterwards).

Al