have you flown nw in the last couple weeks ?

musicmansmom

i was just wondering if anyone has noticed any difference in the flights or getting your bags taken cared of since the baggage handlers went on strike ? i will be on nw in 1 week and am wondering what to expect :confused:

Just flew N.W. this weekend. Went to Chicago on Sat. & back home on Sun. Absolutely no problems. In fact, the planes were usually early arriving. I only had a carry-on, but no problems with anything. You should be fine.

I fly N.W. again this coming weekend for our cruise.

Gail

since the baggage handlers went on strike ?

While NWA certainly has problems with its unions, I don't believe that the baggage handlers are on strike. According to a recent AP article (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060318/BIZ/603180390/1001/rss21)

Northwest, Michigan's largest passenger carrier, has also reached tentative agreements with flight attendants and ground workers. But getting the deals approved by the rank-and-file has been tough. Northwest's ticket agents and ticket and reservations agents ratified their contract but baggage handlers and ramp workers rejected theirs, prompting Northwest to say it will restart the process to have that contract thrown out.

While NWA certainly has problems with its unions, I don't believe that the baggage handlers are on strike. According to a recent AP article (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060318/BIZ/603180390/1001/rss21)

Northwest, Michigan's largest passenger carrier, has also reached tentative agreements with flight attendants and ground workers. But getting the deals approved by the rank-and-file has been tough. Northwest's ticket agents and ticket and reservations agents ratified their contract but baggage handlers and ramp workers rejected theirs, prompting Northwest to say it will restart the process to have that contract thrown out.

paody, thanks for the link. i try to keep up to date on what is happening but i have been so busy i have not seen much in the last couple days. i am hoping for the best for nw and all of its employees. thanks again

music

Archived