Pride of Panama and Flavours of the Caribbean Cruise

Hi!

My husband and I are looking to book our first cruise and the Marella 'Pride of Panama and Flavours of the Caribbean' cruise departing end of January 2024 on the Explorer 2 caught our eye.

As first time cruisers, we naturally have a few questions, so hoping the people of this lovely community can help us out!  (Ports are in Jamaica, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico, Cuba & Cayman Islands for info).

1. My first question is on vaccinations, both required and recommended. I keep hearing a lot about yellow fever so for any of the countries listed above, do we require yellow fever vaccines? Are there any other recommended vaccines too?

2. Next is on excursion prices, I find it difficult to commit to booking a holiday before having a good idea of the final price so if anyone can provide some guidance of price for any of the below excursions, it would be hugely appreciated.
a. Chiva Party Bus (3 hrs, Colombia)

b. Aerial Tram & Ecological Encounter (5 hrs, Panama)

c. Rescue Centre & Boat Ride (7hrs, Costa Rica)

d. Bobsled Jamaica and Dunn's River Falls (6hrs, Jamaica)

e. Tulum & Xel-Ha (10hrs, Mexico)

f. Cabaret Tropicana in Classic Cars (5hrs, Cuba)

Thank you so much for any info you can provide!!!

Hello TWW98.

We are on this Cruise, but on the 9th January, flying from Manchester.

I'm sure there are better informed Cruisers on here than ourselves to answer all your questions. This will only be our 3rd Cruise, our others were Singapore to Hong Kong  & Auckland to Sydney with Azamara Cruises....they were great Cruises, here's hoping this one is too !

Once you have made your booking you can google Marella Cruise Control, put in your details I.e. booking reference then all the excursions & Restaurants will come up to book. We have booked and paid for 4 trips, I think you can cancel them any time and get a refund.  We have also booked Surf & Turf Restaurant for 1 night.

Our trips out are :

Cocktails on a roof top bar. Cuba £76

Rays, Reefs & Stingray cruise & swim. Cayman Islands £104

Aerial tram & Ecological Encounter Panama £172.

Costa Rica by Rail and Canal Cruise £164

and the Surf & Turf Restaurant £66

All sounds a bit pricey but we're trying to justify it by saying its a Special birthday treat 😁.....you can probably do them cheaper by doing private tours.

Not so sure on the Yellow Fever Vaccinations, when we booked in the Tui shop it wasnt mentioned, perhaps its a personal thing if you want the Vaccination or not,  I know the Mozzie season is the Wet Season -April to November. I did notice on the Tui Website in the FAQ that you DO NOT need to present a certificate in Jamaica.

One other thing...you now need to Download a entry form before you can gain entry into Jamaica.

Hope this is a little help to you, i feel part of the enjoyment of a Cruise is doing lots of homework and planning for your ports of call.

If and when you book your 1st Cruise have a great time....I'm sure you will. 👍

Regards Mr & Mrs Rubyclaret.