Taxis

caribe123

Are taxis in St. Marten reasonably priced and SAFE  or is it better to stick with ship excursions? We would like to see both sides of the island. Is renting a car an option?  We will be there in 2 weeks Thanks for any advice

Taxi's are regulated, you can find a website and the chart for the fares. It's a flat rate from point "A" to point "B"

ex: port to Maho, port to Marigot, Maho to any beaches, etc

Prices are for 1-2 passenger, third passenger is extra, and includes 1 piece of luggage per person.

I will use a taxi on my next stop there instead of a tour. I will save about $120 ( we are 3 ) I will taxi from port to Maho, Maho to Marigot and Marigot to port.

Taxi drivers in SXM are some of the best in Caribbean - in my opinion.  Don't get me started about St. Croix taxi drivers or some other islands.  Could you get a driver on a bad day? Yes, but again, generally, the drivers on SXM are excellent and very reliable.

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2023 at 8:31 AM, sebas030 said:

Taxi's are regulated, you can find a website and the chart for the fares. It's a flat rate from point "A" to point "B"

ex: port to Maho, port to Marigot, Maho to any beaches, etc

Prices are for 1-2 passenger, third passenger is extra, and includes 1 piece of luggage per person.

I will use a taxi on my next stop there instead of a tour. I will save about $120 ( we are 3 ) I will taxi from port to Maho, Maho to Marigot and Marigot to port.

Do you know how much from the port to Maho is ? How much is it for the 3rd and 4th? Trying to decide is we want to go to a resort next to Maho 

26 minutes ago, Koali said:

Do you know how much from the port to Maho is ? How much is it for the 3rd and 4th? Trying to decide is we want to go to a resort next to Maho 

It WAS 20$ for the first 2 and 5$ per extra passengers. They are currently changing the rates I think.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, threedjmay said:

Is it possible to catch a taxi from any spot you go, wanting to do a few things off the beaten path, so I'm hoping we can just jump to different beaches, different shops and spots. 

I hope. This is the only point I am not 100% sure about my ports on my next cruise. I also want to do it on my own, so we need 4 taxis to complete the day. I am positive from Port to Maho is easy. We are probably walking from Maho to Mullet. Mullet to Marigot is unsure...we might have to walk back to Maho to catch a ride to Marigot. From marigot to the port should be easy also.

Maybe if I explain my schedule to the first driver he will offer to drive us to all the places we want to go during the day ? As long as it is less expensive than a shore excursion for the 3 of us ...

But I will have a few taxi phone numbers in my phone juste in case tho...