Silver Muse 2 suite upgrade?

fudge

We have recently been sent offers from Silversea. We are thinking about a cruise Athens to Athens, the deal is a two suite upgrade and a thousand dollar on board spend. If we book a Vista suite do we get upgraded to a Veranda suite?  I looked on the deck plan I cannot see any Vista suites?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, yes you do but it depends on which ship as some have more categories than others.  You will get a 2 suite upgrade so, for example, if you book on a ship that only has vista, classic, superior and deluxe veranda suites you will get a superior suite for the price of a vista suite and a deluxe suite for the price of a classic suite.  If you look on the silversea website it gives you all the prices. 

Its my observation that david63 is correct that suite upgrade specials only apply to Door to Door fares (not Port to Port - cruise only).

Its my understanding that Port to Port fares have a more restrictive payment (refund) policy.  For example 15% is non refundable immediately.  Attached are the payment / refund schedules for PTP & DTD.  Of course check with your TA or SS for exact details.

https://www.silversea.com/terms-and-conditions.html 

It looks like the Vista suites are on deck 4 on the Muse.  If you go to the cruise website for your specific cruise and find the category of room you are interested in and click on "category details" (then room location)  it will show the location of the rooms.

1 hour ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Its my understanding that Port to Port fares have a more restrictive payment (refund) policy. 

That is true, but I fail to see why that should have any bearing on a suite upgrade offer - other than D2D is ridiculously overpriced which probably means that they can absorb the price difference.

My post wasn't intended to explain SSs reasoning on the "suite upgrade" offer.  I just wanted to make sure fudge was aware of the pricing/refund difference between the fares. 

I would guess SS attaches some probability that people cancel and lose the money to calculate the PTP prices, not sure if there is an accounting difference for reporting earnings.  There is also the present value of money of course.

We booked the upgrade offer for a cruise next August while we were on the Nova in August this year. It is only on D2D. However in addition to the upgrade and $1000 OBC, we also got 5% discount for booking on the ship and 5% discount for the cruise being a Venetian Society sailing. We have since booked our own flights as United has a very good sale (or did) which gave us an additional $900 per person saving. We are still D2D and still have the Blacklane transfers which are very beneficial to us from where we live.

The suite upgrade doesn’t work the way it sounds it works.  What it means is that if you book, for example, a Deluxe Veranda suite, it is priced at the cost of a standard Veranda suite.  Whether this is what is actually the case or not, I do not know.  I haven’t tried to do any actual calculations.

6 hours ago, fudge said:

We have recently been sent offers from Silversea. We are thinking about a cruise Athens to Athens, the deal is a two suite upgrade and a thousand dollar on board spend. If we book a Vista suite do we get upgraded to a Veranda suite?  I looked on the deck plan I cannot see any Vista suites?

Thanks in advance.

I received the same email and will be booking Must for an Australian-New Zealand cruise. I read the T&Cs.  Door-to-Door only. Pay for a vista suite and get a verandah. All as advertised. And “up to” $1,000 per person OBC. My cruise is $1600 for the cabin with two guests.  However, I will wait until I am on board in mid November in order to take advantage of the booking discount as well.

Usually I miss out.  The offers come just after I have booked! 😢

Its really not that complicated.  We got a Superior Veranda (with assigned room) at the cost of a Panorama.  Two category upgrade.  We also have a $1000 OBC + AMEX $300 OBC.  Now if they play with the prices of the lower level rooms I don't know but the prices we paid are much less than currently advertised with the 2 room upgrade.  

2 hours ago, agape01 said:

Does anyone know if one is booked for a port-to-port and later change the status to door-to-door, would be upgrade be allowed after paying for the price difference?

I suggest you ask Silversea.  Usually promotions are for new bookings, so if you have an existing booking, I think not.

I booked a last minute vista suite for a cruise August just past..I booked cruise only and vista guarantee was the only suites available. I was happy enough with the price and location as it was only for 7 days…A week before departure I logged onto MySilversea to reserve restaurants and noticed I was allocated 814 veranda 

1 hour ago, Poppy1966 said:

I booked a last minute vista suite for a cruise August just past..I booked cruise only and vista guarantee was the only suites available. I was happy enough with the price and location as it was only for 7 days…A week before departure I logged onto MySilversea to reserve restaurants and noticed I was allocated 814 veranda 

That is quite normal when booking a Vista guarantee.  This current promotion, however,  enables you to book the verandah suite of your choice immediately.