cruising in may

rennie

Does anyone know if there are a lot of children on board the first two weeks of May? Also the cruises are quite expensive now, will they be cheaper as we get closer, or will they fill up and become more expensive? I can't seem to get a straight answer from a travel agent. Thanks for any help!

Does anyone know if there are a lot of children on board the first two weeks of May? Also the cruises are quite expensive now, will they be cheaper as we get closer, or will they fill up and become more expensive? I can't seem to get a straight answer from a travel agent. Thanks for any help!

In many parts of the country (at least in the south here in Texas) school ends the end of May (around 25th-26th) so there should not be as many kids until then.

As far as prices, prices usually are better the first two weeks of May and quickly increase as soon as school ends so the end of May or first few days of June.

I was on Explorer last year in May, I saw maybe a dozen kids off and on throughout the week. I know there were more, because at one of the dinners AO had the children parade through the diningroom for a pirate song, there were probably 4-5 dozen. This is why I've decided to take my boys on a cruise next year in May. Enough kids for them to make friends with, but not too many, so I can still enjoy myself. I hate to take them out of school, But it's alot of money, and I want us to enjoy and have a blast.

Archived