Luggage Forwarding to South America

Carolfay

I'm looking for suggestions.  I'm cruising on Silversea in January 2024, departing from Lima, Peru.  On previous cruises, Luggage Forward has been able to deliver my bag to the ship.  A call to the company informed me that they can't operate in South America due to customs restrictions.  Apparently, the same goes for the end of my cruise, which is in Buenos Aires, Argentina.  I need to find out what my options are - other than, of course, just dragging my baggage with me and trying to enlist porters.  (I'm a solo traveler.  And no, packing light is not an option for me on a three-week cruise.). Thanks for any advice.

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Carolfay said:

I can't find any companies that will ship my luggage to South America.  They all say it has to do with customs regulations.  I'm resigned to being on my own and traveling with all my bags.  Disappointing.

I believe Luggage Forward will. My plan is to use them, I have for other cruises and I think I looked at the price already. 

On 11/17/2023 at 7:30 PM, Carolfay said:

I've already talked to their representatives and have been turned down.  

I just booked Luggage Forward for Seattle to Santiago (San Antonio port) on their website. Not cheap, but I was able to do it. Pick-up of Feb. 1st for Feb. 14th departure.