Playa Dorada from Taino bay.

lixogab

Our cruise will dock at Taino bay and I’m looking for a beach day.

Cruise excursions looks to be somewhat expensive and limited to 4 hours.

- Is it possible to taxi Taxi or Uber to Playa Dorada and ( most importantly) back? How much it will be? 

( I read that someone paid $ 35 each way but it looks pretty expensive for a 5.5 miles / 15 minutes drive )

- Are there beach bars at playa Dorada where I can rent some umbrella and chairs and get couple of beers?

- Is it safe to leave stuff? I.e. if we leave our towels, clothes and  beach bug with iPhone while soaking at the seawater, what is the risk that someone steals our stuff?

• 4 weeks later...

Answering my own question

- The taxi from port to Playa Dorada is $35 each way and it's per car

-  You can walk to the downtown Puerto plata. It worth a 1/2 hour  visit: Parque central , Paseo de doña Blanca, umbrella street)

- From there you can call Uber. However, Uber is different from what you are used to: uber gives you a price (in my case around $2), then the driver will text you with a different price (in my case around $7), Uber uses Google translate (but I speak Spanish). Ended up paying what Uber took from my card + $5.

The car that came was an actual taxi.

The driver gave a card and was waiting for me on the way back for the same price, but I gave him $10.

- He left me on the public side at the "El pueblito" ( the village called "The village" ) by the restaurant "Le petit François". That part of the beach was not the best (some seagrass, most likely because of  the recent tropical storm ), so we walked west about a mile.  It looked pretty safe to leave our stuff .