Tailor onboard Spirit?

dmfriedman

For fear of being thrown overboard by the "You'd Better Follow The Dress Code Or Else" gang while onboard the Spirit next week, I've decided I need to dust off the not-so-old tux that I bought last year for my trip next week. Unfortunately, having quit smoking between then and now (don't you love how we ex-smokers have that built-in excuse!), everything fits but the coat. So...

Does anyone know if the Spirit has an actual tailor onboard in their tux shop? Any idea of what they charge and how good they really are? How quick are they, too -- if I drop it off on the first night (if they're open, else the next day) can I get it back in time? I've got to decide between bringing the tux and hoping they can let the coat out a bit versus leaving the tux home and renting one.

Renting would, of course, be easier, but my nice relatively new tux would obviously be nicer and probably more comfortable (if they let out the coat). Since this was a last minute booking, I didn't have time to get it altered here at home since i'll be travelling right up until sail date... My only other option would be to wear it as is and just never button it, as it fits fine except right around the cruise-buffet-storage-location... icon_smile.gif

(And for the humor impaired, I really do enjoy dressing up like a monkey -- I think the best times I've ever had have been in a tux, or shortly after, well, never mind.) icon_smile.gif

Thanks in advance for all the wise input! (And the wise-*** remarks that are more than welcome...)

=~+~=~+~=~+~=~+~=~+~=~+~=~+~=~+~=~+~=~+~=~+~=

Also known as Dave, who is Openly Addicted to Cruising!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800 until I hop on my last-minute cruise choice -- the Carnival Spirit to Alaska!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;9;4;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 until I set sail on the Carnival Glory with O.A.T.C.!

Carnival Glory - Caribbean - 09/2004 (Not Soon Enough!)

Carnival Spirit - Alaska - 06/2004 (Not Soon Enough!)

Carnival Conquest - Caribbean - 09/2003

Crystal Harmony - Alaska - 08/2002

Grand Princess - Caribbean - 05/2001

Carnival Sensation - Caribbean - 08/2000

Sitmar (now Princess) Fairwind - Panama Canal - 12/1988

Sitmar (now Princess) Fairwind - Caribbean - 07/1987

If's the ship is a-rockin'... Check the stabilizers.

(And get your mind out of the gutter!)

One other option that I know isn't *officially* available, but...

Has anyone ever succesfully rented a tux coat (and ONLY a tux coat) onboard? I'm just wondering... if a full tux ensemble is $75 but I only need the coat, would they rent me the coat for less? Or rent me one black and one white dinner jacket for that $75? I think I'll have to see who I can sweet talk onboard. icon_smile.gif

<center><font size="-1"><hr>Also known as Dave, who is Openly Addicted to Cruising!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800 until I hop on my last-minute cruise choice -- the Carnival Spirit to Alaska!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;9;4;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 until I set sail on the Carnival Glory with O.A.T.C.!

</font><font face="arial narrow, verdana, arial, helvetica" size="-2">

Sitmar Fairwind (7/87–Caribbean) ⊕ Sitmar Fairwind (12/88–Panama Canal)

Carnival Sensation (8/00–Caribbean) ⊕ Grand Princess (5/01–Caribbean)

Crystal Harmony (8/02–Alaska) ⊕ Carnival Conquest (9/03–Caribbean)

Carnival Spirit (6/04–Alaska) ⊕ Carnival Glory (9/04–Caribbean)

If's the ship is a-rockin'... Check the stabilizers. (And get your mind out of the gutter!)

</font></center>

Hi Dave. Congrats on quitting smoking; wish I could. icon_rolleyes.gif

Surely, somewhere in the city of Vega$, there's a tailor?! Doesn't your drycleaner have a tailor? I really doubt you're gonna find one on board the ship. Get that phone book out...and good luck.

"Laissez les bon temps rouler!"

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Sensation 2004

Archived