Question about food allergy dining on MSC

DanWin

My family has sailed on Disney, Norwegian, and Carnival (platinum).  All three cruiselines have been great with my sons gluten allergy.  We are thinking of booking a cruise for October 2024 on the Seascape and was wondering what people have experienced on MSC regarding dining with a food allergy.   As an example  have read that people love the pizza on MSC.  Carnival has gluten free pizza and my son says it’s pretty good. Thank you everyone for taking time to offer your help.

We have only sailed in Europe on MSC so not sure how it would be on the MSC Seascape. Strangely enough, currently the pizza is not available as gluten free. Gluten-free bread and desserts are available and pasta can be ordered in the MDR.  For the buffet, look for the supervisors in white coats to make a request and they will quickly deliver about 2-3 different wrapped breads to your table.

I am extremely gluten sensitive and YC has always accommodated me very graciously. When they have an entrée that is not GF, they have adjusted it for me. The pistachio-crusted lamb chops were always an easy change. They would review the entire menu with me as to what they could adjust and what might be already prepped and not able to change. No more having to order the day before and off a separate menu. MSC is much better than NCL Haven in supplying GF meals.

• Like 1

I wasn't sure of what experience you were considering booking. We agree with @Best Cat Mom about the YC and gluten-free. This year we chose to try  the Fantastica experience but last year we did sail on the MSC Splendida in YC. Once the waiters in YC knew that DW had a gluten intollerance (she can do it in moderation) they were very accomodating almost to the extreme. Really pleasurable sailing with MSC and have booked two cruises for October/November 2024 for a total of 29 nights in YC.

• Like 1