Emirates Limo Service

TheShag

Good day experts! Will be flying back to Toronto from Bali via Dubai on Emirates in biz class. Having never flown them before I am curious as to how the airport pick up process works. On their site, they advise that the "driver will wait for a maximum of 15 minutes after your scheduled pick‑up time". Practically, given flight delays, customs clearance, luggage, how can/does this work?

I have not used this service, but have arranged many pick up services that state this 15 minute wait time.  In cases where I have arranged this kind of pick up you have to state the time that you think you will have your luggage and clear all customs and immigration and be ready to get in the vehicle.   This is the time that they will wait 15 minutes.

I don't understand these services and stopped using them because even if your flight is on time, you are FLYING INTO TORONTO - the worst airport in the world for luggage.  I always expect at least 60 minutes at the luggage carousel and that is even when I am flying business and my bags are priority, and then you still have to pass customs leaving the luggage hall.

What however if your flight is delayed from taking off... then you are right out of the time and you then are on the hook to pay for the ride.

I think that you must contact Emirates if they are the one organizing your pick up and discuss how to navigate this.

3 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

I have not used this service, but have arranged many pick up services that state this 15 minute wait time.  In cases where I have arranged this kind of pick up you have to state the time that you think you will have your luggage and clear all customs and immigration and be ready to get in the vehicle.   This is the time that they will wait 15 minutes.

I don't understand these services and stopped using them because even if your flight is on time, you are FLYING INTO TORONTO - the worst airport in the world for luggage.  I always expect at least 60 minutes at the luggage carousel and that is even when I am flying business and my bags are priority, and then you still have to pass customs leaving the luggage hall.

What however if your flight is delayed from taking off... then you are right out of the time and you then are on the hook to pay for the ride.

I think that you must contact Emirates if they are the one organizing your pick up and discuss how to navigate this.

Well, I have booked it so I guess time will tell [and I have a back-up plan!]. In addition, I think I might have answered my own question. It appears that when I exit customs and the  luggage hall, I proceed to an Emirates 'desk' to get details on where to get the ride. During the booking session the app did not ask me to state a time for pick-up. It knows what flight I am on so I guess it figures all the timing stuff out in the background with flight status, customs wait times, luggage timelines, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheShag said:

Well, I have booked it so I guess time will tell [and I have a back-up plan!]. In addition, I think I might have answered my own question. It appears that when I exit customs and the  luggage hall, I proceed to an Emirates 'desk' to get details on where to get the ride. During the booking session the app did not ask me to state a time for pick-up. It knows what flight I am on so I guess it figures all the timing stuff out in the background with flight status, customs wait times, luggage timelines, etc.

Hopefully.  I have never used an airline service like this before.  My bookings have all been with private cars and my arrival and I have missed pickups because I was longer than my stated pick up time.

Usually at the arrival airport there is a holding pen for the many Emirates First and Business Class drivers. 

I've never heard of them leaving after just 15 minutes from gate arrival.  I think the 15 minutes refers more to when they pick you up from a residence or hotel.

• Thanks 1