dress code porotofino's

Portofinos is very upscale, as is Chops. At least sportcoat or blazer would be appropriate.

When I made reservations aboard the Mariner I was told - "No shorts, tanktops or flipflops"

We ate at Portofino's on a Tues. night which was smart casual. The men in my group all wore sport jackets, while the women wore a nice pair of pants and top/blouse. If it were a formal night, we would have worn the formal attire.

We were on the Voyager last week and ate at Portofino's on Tuesday which was Caribbean night in the dining room. My husband wore a dress shirt and tie, but no jacket. I would say that only about half of the men had on a jacket, but the majority of those that didn't were like my husband and had on a tie. I asked him if he felt he should have had a jacket and he said no.

When we went to Chops on Navigator, I tried to cajole my partner into wearing a nice shirt and tie and he stuck with his sports shirt decision. Because I didn't want to seem too mis-matched, I dumped the jaket and tie I was planning on wearing and wore only a shirt and tie (well, and pants, too, of course).

That said, I was the only man in the room with a tie on who wasn't waiting on tables. Everyone else was dressed nicely but in a country club casual sort of way.

When we have dined in the two specialty restaurants on the Radiance class ships, we have seen everything from coats and ties to casual slacks and collarless t-shirts and once, jeans. I would say that the majority wore nice Dockers style pants and golf/polo shirts. There were a smattering of jackets with and w/o ties and a few shirts with ties but no jackets. While the cruise line asks that the dress code on formal night be followed in the specialty restaurants, it has been our experience that the vast majority of the diners on those nights are not in formal attire.

We dined in Portofino for our anniversary, we dressed up. Not because it was formal night but, because it was a special occasion for us. We saw other diners who had apparently done the same thing, celebrating a special occasion in style.

Portofinos is very upscale, as is Chops.

I'd thought so too. Until I went to Portofino's in a sport coat and tie and was the only one there wearing either. Disappointing. I went to chops two nights later in a polo and chinos - and fit right in. If you can't beat 'em...

We were on the Radiance last week and went to Portofino's once and Chops twice. Most men were in chinos and polo shirts. Even saw people in jeans. Would highly recommend both restaurants.

Archived