Another Spirit out of Mobile arrival and parking question

Trying to minimize the frustration this weekend at departure. Rather than drive through and drop off luggage, can we just go ahead and park in the deck and roll our luggage from the car to a porter? Also coming from south of the terminal ( I10 ) is the entrance to the deck before the deck or after on Water St?

We have a 10:00 - 10:30 time but I don't plan on getting there until 10:30 at the earliest. Thanks!

14 hours ago, Boats Aint Just 4F ishing said:

Trying to minimize the frustration this weekend at departure. Rather than drive through and drop off luggage, can we just go ahead and park in the deck and roll our luggage from the car to a porter? Also coming from south of the terminal ( I10 ) is the entrance to the deck before the deck or after on Water St?

We have a 10:00 - 10:30 time but I don't plan on getting there until 10:30 at the earliest. Thanks!

I don't think this will work well for you. When you enter the garage you are automatically lined up to give your luggage to the porter. There is really no way to bypass the line.   You will still have to wait for the cars lined up in front of you to unload their luggage before you can proceed to a parking spot.  The porters are very quick with grabbing your luggage and keeping the lines moving. If you do choose to hold your luggage until after you park just make sure you give your luggage to the right porter. Depending on when you arrive some of them may still be handling luggage that is going to local hotels. I know because we accidentally left a bag in the car and I took it down to a porter to check it in and he explained he wasn't handling incoming bags. Oops!😯

The entrance to the deck is on the west side of the garage.  There are two lines going into the deck...one from the main road in front of the garage and another on a little back road that you need to kind of "know about" in order to access it. 

Try not to get there any earlier as the police will just send you to park under the bridge to wait. 

Enjoy your cruise and don't let the parking issue stress you out too much. It's one of those go with the flow kind of situation.