Has anyone used the StockPerks app yet to apply for the shareholder benefits?

Ken the cruiser

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

True, all the personal information when creating the StockPerks account is optional except for your name and email address. And, yes, it was weird Carnival Corp has not updated their shareholder benefits web page mentioning any of this yet, even though they are directing folks to use it instead of emailing in their SHB form.

And the worst thing is that when I got an email from their SHB email directing me to this app they indicated that it is recommended that I login using my brokerage credentials and that the app will not store this information after they access my brokerage account for validation and I logoff. Very fishy, inconsiderate and unethical that Carnival would provide such terrible information with complete disregard to their own shareholder's privacy and data security. When I pushed back I was given another sloppy response indicating that they have made sure StockPerks has global standards of encryption and so it is okay for me to turn over my entire brokerage account to them. Go figure!

• Like 1

For an upcoming princess cruise I submitted by email my share holder information and about a day later I was requested to use the StockPerks app by a princess rep. I gave it a try and a few days later the credit showed up in my account.

Granted for some that are technically challenged the 1st time may seem daunting but it's the future.

Yes I'm also concerned that I linked my brokerage account to a company i never heard of and I found no press release about it, but it also seems that I have the ability to link and unlink my account as necessary. I'm keeping a daily eye on my account.

Go with the flow until something goes wrong.

- WYB

Edited by WYB!
  • Like 1

All please beware of StockPerks and their hideous and unethical business practices. If you do not link your brokerage account of provide the entire brokerage statement they will try to harass you. They want people to desperately just provide them with their personal and financial information. 

StockPerks is a data mining company that makes money by feeding off data and personally identifiable information of others and selling them to marketing companies. I am also not aware how they may use/missure financial information. They do not even have a customer service number to call them. They will alos send you emails from generic or anonymous email IDs.

I understand we all want to get out OBC's but be careful. I sent them redacted statements with very little to none personal and financial information and they are giving me a hard time. Beware this is not a company that you want to share your information with.  

Please reach out to your brokerage firm and request for a letter verifying you holding of the only the selected cruise line stocks. Every brokerage firm will provide you this. It will list out the number of shared you hold of the said company and the date of confirmation (which is usually end of the previous day). Once you get this letter, redact your address and brokerage account number and then send it to StockPerks. DO NOT SENT YOUR ENTIRE BROKERAGE STATEMENT NO MATTER WHAT YOU REDACT. Based on their desperation of getting the entire statement I am concerned that may have a way to scrub to remove redactions and access other information you do not want them to have.

• Haha 1

The way to go would seem to create a new brokerage account or an additional brokerage account then transfer all the cruise lines stock (NCL, RCL, CCL) in to that account and then just link the newly created account.

- WYB

Edited by WYB!

PLEASE DO NOT LINK YOUR BROKERAGE ACCOUNTS EVEN IF YOU HAVE ONLY ONE STOCK. When you link your Brokerage account you are providing a lot more information to them such as your name, address, credentials, etc. It is completely unnecessary. Sharing more information that needed is simply stupidity. Simply request and upload a letter from the brokerage firm confirming the number of stock you hold. Redact everything including your address and brokerage account. Only your name and number of stocks should be visible. 

Additionally, I got the clarification that StockPerks is falsely advertising that Royal Caribbean and Norwegian are also using them. As of now it is ONLY CARNIVAL that is using StockPerks to cut costs and reduce their in-house employees that are dedicated to processing these requests. Shame on Carnival for the lack of proper information and falsely sending out emails recommending to their shareholders that it is "recommended" that they link their brokerage accounts to StockPerks when it is not at all needed.

• Like 1

The way to go would seem to create a new brokerage account or an additional brokerage account using your real name and then fake made up information. Get creative, use  wacky info that is outdated or just made up, then transfer all the cruise lines stock (NCL, RCL, CCL) in to that account and then just link the newly created account.

- WYB

Edited by WYB!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want anyone extra knowing I will be away from my home for a defined set of dates.

And as I said above, if you are not paying for it, you are not the customer.  Sometimes you (and your information) are the product.

Edited by itsnotjustme
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/9/2023 at 5:57 PM, Ellis1138 said:

I did not use it and have no plans to, since it was quick and easy to fill out and email the request form to NCL. The OBC was in my reservation within a week.

It's also fairly quick and easy to change the info on a brokerage statement to show current ownership, or to buy and sell 100 shares of a stock in order to get the credit without holding onto the stock. I did the same a couple of weeks ago before a Celebrity cruise (I forgot to sell, though, and by the time I got back to my home computer, my shares had gone up $1500, so it paid for my cruise). It's part of avoiding fraud and ensuring eligibility, just as when I apply for a veteran's discount at Apple or elsewhere I have to verify military service by giving personal info to a verification service, instead of just sending in an easily-falsified form.