Arcadia swapping Haugasund for Alesund on the 12 night Northern Lights in Nov/Dec ‘23

devonuk

When we went to Haugesund in September we paid the equivalent of £22 for a land train which, in the main, went through a bit of a run down town. If we were to go there again we would stay on board. I’m sure Alesund will be nicer, so my guess is the change in port is due to complaints as per terrierjohn’s suggestion.

• Like 1

We are scheduled to be there on Nov 25 on Aurora and have heard nothing to say that we won’t be, so probably a change for specific operational reasons rather than passenger dissatisfaction with the port. We haven’t been there before but just intend to have a little wander around rather than planning anything.

11 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Be thankful they have. Haguesund is a one horse town with not much to recommend it. Alesund on the other hand is a fabulous stop. Enjoy 👌

Agree that Alesund has much more to offer.

However, (weather permitting ) there is a beautiful recreational area in Haugeshund called Djupadelen which we walked to from the ship. 

It was a beautiful day and lots of people were out to play. Swimming, walking, family picnics. It is a very well kept area, paved trails, small waterfalls, even clean free toilets! 

https://www.visitnorway.com/listings/djupadalen/1593/

Tripadvisor has good reviews and lots more pictures.

I am probably in the minority here, but we do quite like the town and immediate surrounding area. 

At one of the Norway ports back in May (can't remember which) we got a landtrain  (we did this at two ports)

We found out when we got our credit card bill we had been charged 10 x the correct cost for the 2 tickets on the landtrain

They had clearly added an extra zero to the machine before we chip and pinned

So we were charged 450 pounds  ish for 2 people rather than 45 pounds ish for 2 people

We are still trying to sort it. Our fault for not being diligent 

So be warned. I would like to think it was by accident and not on purpose. 

Edited by Interestedcruisefan