Norwegian Dawn Itinerary Change — Removing Saudia Arabia

heathriel

@heathriel

Do they give any type of accommodation for this type of change?

I presume you are wondering if they will give you a refund or similar.   I very much doubt it as their T&Cs allow them to alter itineraries "at will".

As you are not getting a sea day but will be in port there is no likelihood of a Fee reduction which may happen going from a port day to a sea day.   That is usually when you suddenly get a refund.

• Thanks 1

They don't usually give you anything, unless the port cancellation results in an excess of port fees - port fees are pooled so missing a port doesn't always mean a refund.

I'm on the cruise after yours, we are now staying overnight in Doha, moved our stop in Bahrain out a day.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

@heathriel

Do they give any type of accommodation for this type of change?

I presume you are wondering if they will give you a refund or similar.   I very much doubt it as their T&Cs allow them to alter itineraries "at will".

As you are not getting a sea day but will be in port there is no likelihood of a Fee reduction which may happen going from a port day to a sea day.   That is usually when you suddenly get a refund.

We are now arriving in the port of Doha at 5pm....the evening before we disembark in Doha. Not many possibilities at that time of the day. Doesn't feel like an "extra" day in Doha to me.

We were just in Doha on an 8-hour layover late in the evening. We were able to do a 4-hour city tour for four of us through Get Your guide. He got us back to the airport in plenty of time for our 2am flight. It was a great way to use that time and we felt we had a great experience.

On our return trip, we stayed over two nights. The day in between, we did an 8-hour desert tour that included the opportunity for a camel ride, a fun sand dune drive, swimming in the Gulf, and a delicious meal. Don't think that your short time there in the evening is a waste. And do look at options other than cruise ship excursions.

• Like 1

That would be disappointing. Saudi is on my list of places to go. I have a few friends that use to live there and have heard so much about it. Considering how Saudi is really pushing to make a major international travel destination I’d be curious to why the port is cancelled for sure.