Almost Live …. NCL Bliss through the Panama Canal (Dec 4 to 19) Miami to LA

EganFire

On 12/14/2023 at 7:18 AM, schmoopie17 said:

We're in Antigua in February and NCL doesn't offer the Craft Beer excursion. Bummer...

We did a Viator tour - private tour for the four of us - Private Antigua Excursion. The driver was excellent and the tour guide was top notch - Eduardo. He knew so much about the history and geography, economics, architecture of the area. He stopped us at a local market so we could buy a local beer to try out. He also stopped at a really neat coffee and bake shop for us to have some super smooth guatemalan coffee and treats. They sold us the coffee too! He walked us all over town to tour beautiful old churches and buildings and town squares. Highly recommend!! His Dad Hector is also a tour guide and supposed to be great too! 

• Like 2

On 12/7/2023 at 4:40 PM, EganFire said:

This cast will end on February 4, 2024 and as they understand it, they will be the last for Six on Bliss. They are the 7th cast to be on the Bliss. 

EDIT ADDED 13 DEC 2023: After speaking with a cast member directly, she confirmed that her contract ends on February 25, 2024. She does not know the night of the last performance but could confirm that is when she will be leaving the ship with her cast. The information provided on the back stage tour was not correct."  

That's good news. I am on the January 27th Panama cruise so hopefully Six will still be on. 

We did self assist also and left at 8:20. It was almost bad as a Disney line. Took us an hour and a half to get through. Easy once we got at the desk with the agent. But the line was not fun. Then locating a restroom was interesting- finally found them outside of that warehouse and around by the Uber/Lyft pick up . 

I guess some of their agents were processing the other cruise ship passengers… 
Also we were told around 4900 passengers were expected to load on Bliss today after we left for a five day. That’s about 1100 more passengers than our cruise. Yikes!! 

On 12/18/2023 at 6:35 PM, EganFire said:

Day 15 - Partial Recap - Dec 18 - At Sea

I want to post this today as tonight will be a little busy as the last night of this cruise and with my post cruise travel plans of going to Disneyland I may not have time for a day or two for my final recaps and the summary I will also post. I will keep up with my notes and add the days after this as well for anyone interested. 

Last night was our last 25 hour day and my watch and phone did not update. I headed to breakfast at the Local and I also secured some food so I can have an in room breakfast tomorrow as I plan to wake early and be off the ship to get to Disney. 

I am on the Port side of the Bliss and sun rose on Starboard but our port side sky was very colorful. The seas are calm, it is a little windy, and for sure it is starting to cool down. It is about 68 degrees as the high. 

IMG_5297.thumb.JPG.70ae91199b2d4156777ba2c49709ee6f.JPGIMG_5295.thumb.JPG.ed1d86f4752c999bba3e8955797503e7.JPG

IMG_5298.thumb.JPG.e2bb068771531542422f7d5da13af132.JPG

I also went to Deck 8 to see the sunrise on the aft starboard side of the ship.

IMG_5300.thumb.JPG.53f381e26552340b7a156956b0c4a808.JPG

Today was the first day for me with WiFi issues. It works fine but has been kicking me off multiple times. I can log in when I notice but it is slightly annoying. 

I did a little pre-packing so I would not be rushed to do this later. I dislike packing for a trip but really hate packing to leave one. Reality is setting in that the cruise is coming to an end. With a post cruise trip I had to do some planning as I packed as well, instead of my normal routine... throw everything in the suitcase and sort it out at home. 

I went to the Vibe and it was a nice touch that they had blankets for us. I enjoyed the fresh cool air as this trip is winding down.

When I returned to my room I found a small gift from the Assistant General Manager. I spoke with her a day or two ago and I think she sent this for my kind words about her and the staff. A bottle of Merlot and some yummy chocolates. 

IMG_5306.thumb.JPG.60874750a7bfba93523edfa82259ddfe.JPG

I went to Savor for lunch, had about a 15 minutes wait and service was a little slow but the staff was very nice. Lunch was good.

Tonight I have to go to the Q and retrieve the bottle of Almond Tequila I purchased. I have dinner at Ocean Blue as well. 

Tomorrow we are in LA and here is today's daily:

IMG_5305.thumb.jpg.c07f12e38f31184e4754bf0f7c868a28.jpg

Here is the disembark times for LA if anyone is interested.

IMG_5251.thumb.jpg.f47a2de938d6a6101a81c9494e94f848.jpg

I hope you're having an easy time adjusting back into real life on shore.

I'm on the Canal cruise sailing on 1/27.

It seem there are no show reservations being done pre-cruise for that voyage. NCL agent told me they don't know why, just that it is that way.

Where did you pick up that entertainment schedule when you boarded?

Do you know where they are doing reservations during boarding (theater box office & comedy club are suggestions made on another thread)? At least when you sailed.

7 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

I hope you're having an easy time adjusting back into real life on shore.

I'm on the Canal cruise sailing on 1/27.

It seem there are no show reservations being done pre-cruise for that voyage. NCL agent told me they don't know why, just that it is that way.

Where did you pick up that entertainment schedule when you boarded?

Do you know where they are doing reservations during boarding (theater box office & comedy club are suggestions made on another thread)? At least when you sailed.

I would go to the Theater Box just outside of the Theater (toward the front of the ship on Deck 7).  They would have all the entertainment information and be able to make reservations for you.

The theater is used for an Muster Drill check-in location for some people.

Enjoy your cruise

10 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

I would go to the Theater Box just outside of the Theater (toward the front of the ship on Deck 7).  They would have all the entertainment information and be able to make reservations for you.

The theater is used for an Muster Drill check-in location for some people.

Enjoy your cruise

Thanks!

🙂