Regal Princess - Medallion delivery and Champagne Tower

beshears

I have a couple questions.

Did I read some place that "IF" we wanted to make sure we received the medallion in time, we NEED to pay $10.00 for them to ship it to us? If so, did you find it worth it in the long run? I figured I put out enough for everything else on Princess, let alone "another" $10 to be putting out.

I see where Regal Princess has the champagne tower. In the picture I seen, I seen a lady on a platform that helped her reach the tower to pour the champagne. If you have done it recently, or know of someone who has, do they charge for a person to do this (if so, how much), or if a person wants to do it, they will let you do it?

37 minutes ago, beshears said:

Did I read some place that "IF" we wanted to make sure we received the medallion in time, we NEED to pay $10.00 for them to ship it to us? If so, did you find it worth it in the long run? I figured I put out enough for everything else on Princess, let alone "another" $10 to be putting out.

Yes, the $10 is now required if you want it ahead of time. Galveston has seen some long lines - check out Saint Greg's current live trip report; getting the medallion ahead of time saved him from additional hassle.

But the circumstances also depend on the port and it's not always necessary to get it ahead of time. Your experiences may vary.

37 minutes ago, beshears said:

do they charge for a person to do this (if so, how much), or if a person wants to do it, they will let you do it?

This is still free, I'm pretty sure. If you want to purchase the photo, that's the only cost you incur.

Edited by snoozecrooze

Thank you for your responses to our my questions. I'm glad we still should (for ME) be able to have a picture taken (even if my family does it) pouring the champagne or whatever, as I did that 23 years ago. We have not purchased the Plus or Premier package as yet, but if I understand right, if we do, we should get the medallion free before our cruise, hopefully.

5 hours ago, beshears said:

Thank you for your responses to our my questions. I'm glad we still should (for ME) be able to have a picture taken (even if my family does it) pouring the champagne or whatever, as I did that 23 years ago. We have not purchased the Plus or Premier package as yet, but if I understand right, if we do, we should get the medallion free before our cruise, hopefully.

Having the Plus or Premier package ‘waives’ the $10 fee for delivery of the Medallion to available addresses. If you do not ‘order’ your Medallion in the APP, the default is it will be waiting for you to pick up at the port. There is also a cut off time to order your Medallion for home delivery, wait too long and you will have to pick up at port.

When you order Medallion, you will be offered to purchase upgraded designs or accessories, you can order default medallion with no charges for port pick up with or without plus or premier package.