Arrival at the Port

mpduquaine

How strict is Celebrity- at Fort Lauderdale- on time arrivals-

I have a large group- we all have different times of arrival- we also have transportation- all of us together-

Will they allow us to check in early or are they sticklers like Virgin Voyages?

Any first hand experience?

Not true.  It depends in part on how quickly the ship has cleared from the previous voyage. They may not be ready to take new arrivals yet and you may find some people standing outside waiting to be admitted to the terminal. All you can do is try to come as a group and see if they will let you in.

• Like 1

Posted by @Lv2cruisgrl on a different thread titled "Check-In Time":

"We sail Monday out of Ft Lauderdale and received this email from Celebrity. 

It is extremely important to arrive during your pre-selected arrival time on boarding day. Space in the terminal can only accommodate a specific number of guests, so it's critical that you adhere to your arrival time. Those who arrive sooner will be turned away to avoid an overcrowding of guests at the terminal and asked to return during their scheduled time."

And, posted on the same thread by @the penguins:

"If you arrive early accept you might have to wait or even be asked to return at the correct time.

If you arrive late accept that you might have to wait until the end or at least until there is a break in passengers arriving.

Above all remember that the staff are employed by the port not by Celebrity and those staff are only following the instructions they have been given."

1 hour ago, mpduquaine said:

How strict is Celebrity- at Fort Lauderdale- on time arrivals-

I have a large group- we all have different times of arrival- we also have transportation- all of us together-

Will they allow us to check in early or are they sticklers like Virgin Voyages?

Any first hand experience?

If it’s not too late change the arrival times so you all match. This will probably mean taking a later slot but better than risking the confusion (think sorting of baggage) if you are made to split up on arrival.

Option 1,  Don't sweat it, show up. Showing up is 99% of boarding! They want to move you along and won't waste much thought on arrival time drama. 

2nd option... Tell them you spoke with your old pal Laura Bethge and she said, "It's Cool!"

Seriously, they just want to move you along, there is a line of eager cruisers behind you.

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

It depends in part on how quickly the ship has cleared from the previous voyage.

That affects boarding time, but not arrival time. Whether you have an 11am arrival or 4pm arrival, Celebrity doesn't care.

3 hours ago, daybrake said:

it's critical that you adhere to your arrival time.

They say that, but I have never seen it enforced anywhere. I don't even think I've ever actually seen them ask for your arrival time. Non-suite/non-elite passengers are taken first-come, first-served.

37 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

That affects boarding time, but not arrival time. Whether you have an 11am arrival or 4pm arrival, Celebrity doesn't care.

They say that, but I have never seen it enforced anywhere. I don't even think I've ever actually seen them ask for your arrival time. Non-suite/non-elite passengers are taken first-come, first-served.

It's enforced in some ports.

In Southampton the port authority staff check your boarding time and allocate you to different boarding lines. Arrive early and you go to the "holding" line, no seats and no cover. Priority only starts when you are inside the terminal. 

There was a recent report of the chaos in Sydney where passengers ignored the times and just turned up.

I recall passengers boarding in Vancouver also saying it was enforced.

The problem with your advice is if you are wrong you won't be there to suffer the consequences. 

How difficult is it just to arrive within your chosen time?

• Like 1