Luggage storage in Doha while waiting for evening flight

MsCruiserT

We are disembarking our ship in Doha at 8am and our flight doesn’t leave until 9pm. Hamad airport’s luggage storage isn’t in operation right now. I also looked into their onsite hotel but it’s only for transit passengers. Other than booking a private tour for the day with a vehicle that can take our bag, does anyone have another suggestion? If anyone has used a tour operator and was happy with them, I’d appreciate a recommendation. I’ve looked at Viator and Tours By Local. TIA.

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2023 at 10:00 PM, MsCruiserT said:

We are disembarking our ship in Doha at 8am and our flight doesn’t leave until 9pm. Hamad airport’s luggage storage isn’t in operation right now. I also looked into their onsite hotel but it’s only for transit passengers. Other than booking a private tour for the day with a vehicle that can take our bag, does anyone have another suggestion? If anyone has used a tour operator and was happy with them, I’d appreciate a recommendation. I’ve looked at Viator and Tours By Local. TIA.

Did you find an option for this? We land in Doha this week at 5pm and have the next flight at 2am and want to go to the city for dinner. The metro station spot won’t work because of the hours. Thank you in advance for your help! 

Hi there, I never found any facility that offered luggage storage, so we ended up booking a day room at the Best Western Plus about 10 minutes taxi/Uber from the pier. We left our bags there for the day, went sightseeing then came back to the room to have a shower before leaving for the airport. Your situation is a little different as you aren’t staying as long as we did, and their day room rate requires check out by 6pm. However, it doesn’t hurt to ask if they can offer you some kind of rate for the hours you need to be there for. Good luck.