Azamara cancels Quest Norway cruise

oddjob16

I was given 14 days notice of cancellation of Journey 5-12 Dec 2023.  No options at all except being told I was able to cancel free of charge and receive a full refund. 

As this was a back to back I was told I could cancel the second sector Singapore to Perth with minimal cancellation fee of only loss of deposit.  

The notification of cancellation has not been dealt with well. To begin I was berated heavily for not having up to date information in my account and was told I must update immediately.  After making the point I was onboard an Azamara ship and had disabled roaming on my phone, I was told again my contact details are wrong. 

After pushing for further options and making the point that ABTA states a choice of alternative sailing or refund should be offered, I was offered $500 OBC if I rebooked and 500-1000 in no specified currency toward air. 

A data point that I should also make here is that UK travel insurance does not cover anything considered sub market rates ie frequent flyer mileage bookings or hotel reward nights.  Both often not refundable dependant on the program and the level of reward booked. 

I have experience of a recent Royal Caribbean cancellation which where full refund or alternate sailing were offered and an FCC of 100% issued. 

Disappointing choices made by Azamara in dealing with these cancellations. 

5 hours ago, RW75 said:

I was given 14 days notice of cancellation of Journey 5-12 Dec 2023.  No options at all except being told I was able to cancel free of charge and receive a full refund. 

As this was a back to back I was told I could cancel the second sector Singapore to Perth with minimal cancellation fee of only loss of deposit.  

The notification of cancellation has not been dealt with well. To begin I was berated heavily for not having up to date information in my account and was told I must update immediately.  After making the point I was onboard an Azamara ship and had disabled roaming on my phone, I was told again my contact details are wrong. 

After pushing for further options and making the point that ABTA states a choice of alternative sailing or refund should be offered, I was offered $500 OBC if I rebooked and 500-1000 in no specified currency toward air. 

A data point that I should also make here is that UK travel insurance does not cover anything considered sub market rates ie frequent flyer mileage bookings or hotel reward nights.  Both often not refundable dependant on the program and the level of reward booked. 

I have experience of a recent Royal Caribbean cancellation which where full refund or alternate sailing were offered and an FCC of 100% issued. 

Disappointing choices made by Azamara in dealing with these cancellations. 

Did you book this (and at least one additional holiday element such as flight, hotel, tour or car hire) through a UK Travel Agent?

If you did, then the whole package is treated as a single unit and any any cancellation applies to the full booking (including any B2B cruise).  You'd have a right to a full refund of every component.  Though, as you point out, any points/reward nights would be booked direct with the provider by yourself, and so not included in that package holiday.

No agent, cruise booked direct with Azamara.  All other arrangements were independen.  No package regulation applies. Only ABTA guidance and code of member conduct with regard the cruise cancellation.

On 11/16/2023 at 7:46 PM, laurieb said:

Most US carriers these days will allow flights to be canceled and rebooked without cancellation fees, only change in fare.

I feel bad for all affected; always disappointing

UK carriers do not!

• Like 1