Gibs Hill Lighthouse

gymfreak

Thinking of taking a bus from Hamilton to Gibbs Hill lighthouse later this month when we arrive in Hamilton on Azamara Onward. Maybe if the weather is kind could visit one of the beaches on the south coast afterwards. Can we also combine it with a part railway walk .?

Any thoughts or tips welcome 

Edited by gymfreak

bus number 7 will get you near the Lighthouse but not at the door. Expect a 10 minute walk from bus stop to the lighthouse. It is uphill 🥵 and no sidewalk on the narrow streets. Most, if not all, arrive via taxi or tour bus.

Same from leaving Gibb's hill to reach a beach or beaches, no sidewalk, narrow roads.

I would suggest hiring a taxi for a 3 hour tour at 50$/hour from Hamilton.

You can make a few stops on the way, visit the beaches, go up the lighthouse, etc... tour doesn't have to be round trip, you could end a the dockyard and take the ferry back to Hamilton for a couple of $.

Have fun, Bermuda is AMAZING !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sebas030 said:

us number 7 will get you near the Lighthouse but not at the door. Expect a 10 minute walk from bus stop to the lighthouse. It is uphill 🥵 and no sidewalk on the narrow streets. Most, if not all, arrive via taxi or tour bus.

Same from leaving Gibb's hill to reach a beach or beaches, no sidewalk, narrow roads.

I have done the #7 bus, the stop is where the Henry VIII restaurant is located,  and walked the lighthouse and it was not hard. No sidewalk but since no big curves high visibility walking in road with no traffic to speak of. Then take another #7  bus to Horseshoe Bay as definitly none should walk on South Shore road. They could do part of the Railway Trail but I can't answer where the best place to start and end would be. Since they are starting at Hamilton the would probably want to do the lighthouse first and then Horseshoe Beach. They could walk the beach and beach trail  to Warwick Long Bay and then catch another #7 back to Hamilton or to a section of the Railway Trail.

I do like your tour idea with  a ferry back to Hamiton from the Dockyard, the driver can stop at the beaches,  but taking the bus is very doable. 

• Like 2