Calling Celebrity (How to get through to a real person w/ less frustration)

LandLockedInAZ2

Need to speak to a real person? Here's a distillation from other threads and my own experience for anybody else who needs it:

TLDR: I got through to a real person with the least hassle/frustration by dialing 888-859-7692 then pressing 2 then 1 at which point I was given the opportunity to request a return call within a specified time-frame (which was actually quite accurate!).

If you love details, keep reading:

There are at least 3 toll-free numbers you can call: 
888-751-7804 (displayed on CelebrityCruises.com)
888-303-6067 (buried within another thread)
888-859-7692 (also buried within another thread)

As far as I can tell from trying each, the functionality of each number is identical to the others. 
When you call in, you will be given 2 prompts: 
First Prompt: 

- If you are or are working with a Travel Agent Press 1
- If you booked directly with Celebrity, Press 2
- To book directly with a Celebrity sales associate, Press 3

- To ask a question about a past cruise, Press 4

Second Prompt:

- If you reserved with a certified vacation planner, Press 1

- Through a travel agent, Press 2

- If you booked directly through the website, Press 3

Because I had booked online, I tried the first phone number above, then chose 2, 1 which had me on hold for 2.25 hours before I finally gave up (I had it playing in the background while watching a TV show and reading CruiseCritic; otherwise, it would've been complete unbearable!). The annoying thing was that it kept repeating the same message about every 60 seconds: "Please continue to hold. Your call will be answered by our next available representative."
There was never any indication of my place in line or approximately how long to expect before I could get through to a real person. 

Thanks to some other kind folks here on Cruise Critic, I found the other phone numbers above and one comment that said that they were offered the opportunity to leave a callback number, which does NOT happen on the Press 2 Press 3 option at any of the above-listed lines. I don't know why they want to punish people who book via the website, but considering the glitches that have been reported lately and my confidence in Celebrity as a whole going down by the minute, I decided to proceed with Press 2, Press 1 and was offered the opportunity to leave my name and number, then the automated system said it would be 60-90 minutes. Once I left my information, the estimated time was adjusted to 85 minutes and it was within 2 minutes of that! I did have about 5 minutes waiting on the line before the real person did pick up, but it was far preferable to the indefinite wait on hold. 
I approached with kindness and got my needs met very quickly. 

I hope this helps other travelers as it seems there are a lot of people calling (the Celebrity rep told me this) and certainly the lengthy hold times confirm that! 

• Thanks 1

800-437-3111  20- 30 mins this morn

844.418.6824 20-25 min this morn.

On hold  😞 I guess they really do not want my $!  And yes, I am aware that I can pay online, however, there is a change in address and CC on file that I need to speak to Celebrity about prior to payment.  And yes, I usually transfer the rez to a TA for ease and extra OBC or savings.  I missed the 30 day deadline to transfer the rez.  My bad.