Water bottle and ship/airline

VA Cruiser

I know that many people bring their own water on the ships and airplanes but am wondering what type of bottle they are using. I can see getting on without a problem with a branded retail bottle of water but what about a refillable Naglene style bottle? I normally have two in the mesh pouches of my backpack and was going to bring these for use on the ship. Has anybody had experience with these? Is it the same as a normal bottle where they might ask you to take a sip but don't really question it?

seen many use them and not have any issues at all. Once a lady was asked to let the man smell the water in it but nothing more then that. I take a smaller water bottle that is name brand but no lable on it from refilling it. Its samll and fits in my bag I take to shore with me.

We too have never had a problem with that type of bottle. In fact it's easier to refill at the water stations in the buffet area since that bottle has a wider opening. Just make sure your bottle is clean before you refill it. I have heard that some ships frown upon your putting your own bottle up to the water stations spout but we have never had any problems with doing so. And if someone does say something just fill several glasses and pour into your own bottle.

Archived