Embarkation times

NYCruiseNoob

I'm doing my first TA crossing from Southampton on December 15th. I'll be flying into London a couple of days prior. Typically, how far in advance does one learn the embarkation schedule? I want to arrange my London/Southampton transport in advance but can't really do so until I know those details.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

There have been some reports that Southampton is tightening up on arrival times and that some passengers are having to wait outside the terminal until their allotted time.

Depending on where you are staying in London the journey to Southampton will be around two hours on a good day (and there are not many of those!)

Personally I would either arrange to get to the port for around 14:00 or, preferably, travel to Southampton the day before.

To give you an idea:

My wife and I will be embarking on QV this Friday.

We travel to London on the Caledonian Sleeper from Glasgow on Thursday night.

We use a chauffuer company that always collects us from Euston Station at 9:30am.

Normally, it takes one hour forty five minutes.

Our check in time, which was given three weeks before embarkation date, is 12:30pm, but we'll be able to complete the formalities on arrival.

9 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

To give you an idea:

My wife and I will be embarking on QV this Friday.

We travel to London on the Caledonian Sleeper from Glasgow on Thursday night.

We use a chauffuer company that always collects us from Euston Station at 9:30am.

Normally, it takes one hour forty five minutes.

Our check in time, which was given three weeks before embarkation date, is 12:30pm, but we'll be able to complete the formalities on arrival.

When I first moved here, there was a sleeper from Scotland to Bournemouth, and therefore Southampton. That would have been useful. In fact I think it actually terminated at Weymouth. I used to see it as I walked to work in the mornings.

• Like 2

We embarked QM2 on Sunday. Our given time was 2.45 but being platinum, and given priority boarding, we were directed immediately into the terminal at 12.30 and through security/boarding by 1pm. However, those who were not priority queued outside the terminal and only appeared to enter once priority groups had been called.

• Like 3