Yet another Royal Up question

sadiwest

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Just got our congratulations email that our bid was accepted for a GS with large balcony.   Very excited. 

Quick question or two...do we get updated "luggage tags" or just use the old ones?  Can we safely assume it's ok to arrive earlier for check in now (had 11am, probably won't be too far off from that). 

Something else...I prepaid the gratuities.   Will I need to pay the upgraded gratuities difference?

Edited by sadiwest
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sadiwest said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Just got our congratulations email that our bid was accepted for a GS with large balcony.   Very excited. 

Quick question or two...do we get updated "luggage tags" or just use the old ones?  Can we safely assume it's ok to arrive earlier for check in now (had 11am, probably won't be too far off from that). 

Something else...I prepaid the gratuities.   Will I need to pay the upgraded gratuities difference?

You will get updated cruise documents with new tags, yes you can arrive when you want, and yes, you'll be billed the upgraded gratuities BUT I'm not sure if they simply offset it from the bid or not - I couldn't figure it out when we got the upgrade on our cruise last month but my updated docs showed I had paid the correct gratuities so no idea on that one!

Congrats though, enjoy!!

• Thanks 1

Go to your cruise planner...there you'll find a balance due for your upgraded gratuities. Pay the new balance....you can also call RCI directly to do this.

Don't use your old luggage tags. You'll receive new ones via email or just get them from the porters at the terminal and write your new cabin number on them.

Our congratulations email for a winning bid came yesterday.

Today with received new cruise docs with the new luggage tag on the last page.

So watch your email.  Your new docs should come soon.  Your new cruise docs should then also be available in your cruise planner.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Congrats! You deserved something to go your way! Enjoy those perks!

Your mouth to His ears but we're not on the ship yet. Lol

I'm still crossing fingers, knocking on wood, and 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1