Cunard Fare or Saver Fare

Colin_Cameron

Does anyone know how to tell from a booking confirmation or online (booking direct with Cunard) which type of fare one has booked?

I eventually called Cunard and they told me my fare type, but didn't know the answer to this question. Is there a code I'm overlooking or something? Surely there must be something in the numerous emails and attachments they've sent that could have saved me (and them) that phone call?

1 hour ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Does anyone know how to tell from a booking confirmation or online (booking direct with Cunard) which type of fare one has booked?

I eventually called Cunard and they told me my fare type, but didn't know the answer to this question. Is there a code I'm overlooking or something? Surely there must be something in the numerous emails and attachments they've sent that could have saved me (and them) that phone call?

If your booking confirmation has a cabin allocated it is likely a Cunard Fare. The Cunard Fare is more expensive. If cabin is to be allocated it is likely to have been a saver fare. The saver fares are always the headline prices. 

I should have said, we booked this around a year ago which is why I can't remember.

There is no cabin allocated which, I agree, suggests a Saver Fare. But there is a confirmed dining time, and a quantity of on-board credit that suggests a Cunard Fare. 

The lack of a cabin# is due to it being a sector of next year's world cruise and they weren't allocating cabins for sectors over a year out.

Fortunately Cunard confirmed that this was indeed a Cunard Fare booking. I just wondered if I could have worked that out for myself?