Specialty Dining reservation question

benp18

Sailing Celebrity for the first time in January on the Ascent. I booked a 3 night specialty dining package. From what I understand, I cannot book specialty dining reservations with the package until I'm onboard. When I am onboard, can I make these dining reservations on the app, or do I need to visit a reservation desk?

1 hour ago, benp18 said:

Sailing Celebrity for the first time in January on the Ascent. I booked a 3 night specialty dining package. From what I understand, I cannot book specialty dining reservations with the package until I'm onboard. When I am onboard, can I make these dining reservations on the app, or do I need to visit a reservation desk?

It is best to board early and go to one of the restaurants you want to dine at and speak to the Mtd. It may be difficult to get the days and times you desire and could eat up a bit of time when first getting on the ship - stressful too. I recommend that one just books the restaurants they would like to dine at if time of dinner/day of dinner are important. I know it costs more, but why give up the fun of boarding and exploring the ship. Instead you will spend time trying to deal with, and perhaps being upset with, the dining options available. 

I never have a problem going straigt to a restaurant and book the dates and times of the specialties. I have them written down on a calendar, so I know exactly what I want. Occasionaly, have to change a time....

Along that line, I was getting ready to buy a couple of 3 night packages for a cruise next year(b3b) and the only time listed was 3pm. Weird for dinner. Just a generic time, I assume????

20 hours ago, benp18 said:

Don't be surprised if you cannot get the days and times of your choice.  Occasionally it happens, but that is usually rare on a first year ship.  We usually pay the different and book the days and times that we desire.  

No. You would not buy the package, instead you would book what you want in advance of sailing. I look at the cost difference as saving time and aggravation that may occur when you board the ship and join others vying the specialty restaurant reservations. I'd rather board, get a drink and enjoy myself.