Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

The seared shrimp were good. I think I prefer the the sausage bals though.

Filet was good again. Medium not an option so I went with medium rare since they usually cook a little more under the lamp. It did not, so was a little rare for me, but I used the sauce and it distracted me from that.

The ravioli on it really needs to be it's own dish. Very tasty.

Blueberry chia cheesecake.

20231203_130024.thumb.jpg.099421fefcece09d71a29b374b249370.jpg

• Like 9

Cheesecake was so yummy again!

Great conversations with my fellow travelers.

Talked to someone doing the Singapore to LA journey cruise. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact I can't make it work, but talking to someone doing it has me all excited again.

Drinks were way stronger than they needed to be this early in the day. Not that I'm complaining. 

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 8

This crowd has already discovered my swing bench.

Plenty of comfy loungers available though. Absolute gorgeous day outside.

17016288262019089233909238679553.thumb.jpg.e83d2dc07b4a8e7db5d89bbbe44d2dfe.jpg

Coffee does not sober you up, old wives tail.

But not drinking after a generous bar staff at the diamond lunch certainly helps.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

That BBQ is so so good. There is no contest between the Ole fashioned BBQ served on the older ships upstairs above Lido and the BBQ served outside on the newer ships (and Sunrise). Yum 😋

After that I laid down. No napping ensued, but the rest was nice. Too much food and drink too quickly today.

Now I need to get up and start getting my walking in and of course work in some sauna time!

• Like 6

In kind of a weird spot where I'm not really hungry but I don't want to wait too late or I will miss 88 keys. 

I know if I wait until after the early show I will be very hungry.

Just checked, 40-50 minute wait on dinner. Late dinner it is. 

Preparing the mobile bar and then I will see what's going on until showtime. 

• Like 5

Trying something different...pg comedy. 

20231203_182207.thumb.jpg.0df3f2018aaa138a09a8d5f2c29aae1c.jpg

Not my favorite....takes a very special comedian to be funny AND clean but giving it a shot.

Twenty-one till showtime, there are only eight people here. Definitely easier to get into PG comedy...or this guy sucks.

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Filet.

20231203_124014.thumb.jpg.4562c15cb33c5babca8ad7850758529e.jpg

The food looks really good! We've only been to 2 diamond events so far. One was the cocktail party which we really enjoyed. There was only about 20 people and they introduced several of the officers including the captain. Prior to the introductions the captain came over to ask how everything was. We thought he was a waiter and we actually ordered a drink from him lol! We were quite embarrassed when we realized this during the introductions, but now it's a funny memory! Really enjoying following along with you on your trip!

• Haha 6

I enjoyed the show. It's a basic musical revue style show, nothing fancy. But I enjoy the song selections and this is a very good cast of singers. I also like sitting up on the balcony and being able to see into the backstage areas and see part of the behind the scenes stuff not part of the show. Very interesting to me.

I'm not as hungry as I thought I would be. Going to charge my phone for a few minutes, refill the bar, and then head off for dinner.

Eating this late should have the added advantage of a quick meal service.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, LuvCruiSun said:

The food looks really good! We've only been to 2 diamond events so far. One was the cocktail party which we really enjoyed. There was only about 20 people and they introduced several of the officers including the captain. Prior to the introductions the captain came over to ask how everything was. We thought he was a waiter and we actually ordered a drink from him lol! We were quite embarrassed when we realized this during the introductions, but now it's a funny memory! Really enjoying following along with you on your trip!

That's too funny!

As nice as the lunch is, I do enjoy the smaller event they have when there are only a few diamonds on board with the personal interaction with the officers and the captain. Even without a formal meal, there are usually some nice snacks going around and it's just overall a wonderful experience.

• Like 3

The description was a "duo" with a short rib which was not there, but that was a nice filet. Not as nice as the diamond lunch or steakhouse, but very good for an included steak. 

The fish I had last week even though I'm trying not to do a lot of repeats, some will be and this was a good repeat. Still very good.

Grand mariner souffle which is hopefully cooked through this time 918

17016563949234112615601385640541.thumb.jpg.f68d91a8d5652fc90870ceed06a102cf.jpg

Looks like it 

17016564252366650541771693524067.thumb.jpg.687bf39f4ab94037082bc3ff4adf18b1.jpg

• Like 5