Jump to content

Havila Disembarkation in Kirkenes


Jacqueline
 Share

Recommended Posts

I would think so. We are on Havila Capella right now. Visited Kirkenes a few days ago. The airport bus was at the port when we arrived. There are taxis there also if you are concerned with timing. You could contact Havila to see what they say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Hi! I would love if you could tell me how was your disembarkation process and if the timing to take an 11am flight is reasonable. 

Thank you!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 11/25/2023 at 5:11 AM, GJCruiser said:

I would think so. We are on Havila Capella right now. Visited Kirkenes a few days ago. The airport bus was at the port when we arrived. There are taxis there also if you are concerned with timing. 

Hello,

 

You might be able to answer my question similar to the above.

I have a 10.55am arrival to Kirkenes for a Havila 12.30pm cruise south.

Is that enough time to board? Having difficulty finding this info on their site.

Thanks,

Pippa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/22/2024 at 2:33 PM, pipparh63 said:

Hello,

 

You might be able to answer my question similar to the above.

I have a 10.55am arrival to Kirkenes for a Havila 12.30pm cruise south.

Is that enough time to board? Having difficulty finding this info on their site.

Thanks,

Pippa

If your schedule allows it, and you aren't thrilled with worrying about any delay causing you to miss your ship, why not fly in a day early to Kirkenes?  I know that at least Thon and Scandic have hotels there, along with the ice hotel.  You could easily use up an afternoon, there's the ice hotel to visit, a museum, plus exploring around the town.  The ship gets in around 9 or 9:30 AM if I remember right, so a good night's sleep and breakfast would probably put it at about the time you could board the ship.

 

I think you could probably make it with your current schedule, but it would be close at best, especially if you have luggage to pick up, and I've always thought it more enjoyable to board relaxed and rested rather than rushed and 'hope-we-make-it' tired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2024 at 1:44 PM, GJCruiser said:

I would say that is pretty tight with luggage retrieval, etc. You should be successful, but any delays will create an issue.

Thanks....I was taking luggage with me, so head on out the terminal!

Really hoping for a taxi right there......Google says 12 min drive.....

I did see on both websites that as long as one is there 15min before departure?

So, unless the plane is late, should be fine.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Flyinby said:

If your schedule allows it, and you aren't thrilled with worrying about any delay causing you to miss your ship, why not fly in a day early to Kirkenes?  I know that at least Thon and Scandic have hotels there, along with the ice hotel.  You could easily use up an afternoon, there's the ice hotel to visit, a museum, plus exploring around the town.  The ship gets in around 9 or 9:30 AM if I remember right, so a good night's sleep and breakfast would probably put it at about the time you could board the ship.

 

I think you could probably make it with your current schedule, but it would be close at best, especially if you have luggage to pick up, and I've always thought it more enjoyable to board relaxed and rested rather than rushed and 'hope-we-make-it' tired.

Thanks for your take on it.......no, I am coming direct on the new Norse Airways LA-OSL flights starting May 17th for $300! Must be an opening special?! I have plans for after the cruise so hold a return from there. However, as it would be late pm, I had preferred to get rest, right at Gardemoen before the next morning on to Kirkenes. Thanks for your ideas though. I also went back and forth between the  two lines, and found Havila waaay cheaper. I got the trip south to Bergen for $800 single! Quite a steal, even though I'd have preferred buffet style dining (Hurtegen) From experience, as a seafood lover of all things from the sea - including their seaweed and ways used, I'll be missing out. (after perusing Havila's menus)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • Special Event: Q&A with Laura Hodges Bethge, President Celebrity Cruises
      • Hurricane Zone 2024
      • Cruise Insurance Q&A w/ Steve Dasseos of Tripinsurancestore.com Summer 2024
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Cruise Critic News & Features
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...