Bordeaux Guide for Tour

BenLynn

We will be stopping in Bordeaux in either May or September 2024. In the past we used a specific guide for private wine tours. Usually, we had two to four people from the ship join us. This year we discovered that our guide retired and were referred to another guide. We are looking for a guide in Bordeaux in either May or September to take us on a private wine tour. We'd appreciate any referrals for guides. Thank you.

14 hours ago, BenLynn said:

We are looking for a guide in Bordeaux in either May or September to take us on a private wine tour.

Should you not get replies which would help you, the official Bordeaux Tourism website has a section on the top right of the home page titled " Vineyard tours and wine chateaux visits" and it might be worthwhile checking if there could be anything of interest to you there.

But have you already read past CC threads about Bordeaux wine tours as there may have been some suggestions on these?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BenLynn said:

Thanks for your suggestions. Where do you find the CC treads about Bordeaux wine tours? 

You can find them in the usual way  by using the CC SEARCH TOOL under your username on the French Ports forum.  I did a quick search of "Bordeaux wine tours" and the following appeared in the results

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=bordeaux wine tours&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=462

You will need to search through them though, as the results include threads containing the word Bordeaux meaning there will likely be a number of no relevance to you. It has also picked up some  "wine tours" and again some of these will not be relevant.

Excluding the word Bordeaux and simply searching "wine tours" would probably bring up results from across France rather than only those from Bordeaux and I guess there would be many more of no relevance to sift through.

Edited by edinburgher

15 hours ago, BenLynn said:

Thank you. Have found some already. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New year,

Thanks for acknowledging as not everyone does. Pleased that some of it was helpful, maybe the links from marazul rather than mine? Knowing about the translation websites might be a useful tool for future travel.  And thank you for the seasonal greetings, my first received of the season, and happy to return the same to you.